Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH I-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/)
-   -   Hybrid battery clunking and creaking (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-i-specific-discussions-50/hybrid-battery-clunking-creaking-22933/)

lifespeed 10-12-2009 10:21 AM

Hybrid battery clunking and creaking

I have a 2003 MT HCH. 16K miles ago (92K miles) the IMA light came on. I had the battery replaced at the local dealer. Now, I hear a clunking and creaking when I go over bumps or driveways diagonally (side-to-side rocking motion).

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe the dealer just did a sloppy job on the replacement. No, it isn't the rear suspension or old beer bottles in the trunk. ;)

sv1684 06-15-2010 05:15 PM

Re: Hybrid battery clunking and creaking

i am the unfortunate owner of an 03 HCH w/ CVT. There's so much wrong with these pos's there's no telling what it is, and the sad thing is the honda dealerships (not all of them but enough of them) are abusing it and sucking more money out of consumers...at least your's doesn't have 202k like my 03

lifespeed 06-15-2010 06:23 PM

Turns out the shop that replaced the shocks didn't re-install the rear seat correctly. Grrrr. Guess how much that cost to figure out.

OgreGev 08-04-2010 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by lifespeed (Post 212403)
I have a 2003 MT HCH. 16K miles ago (92K miles) the IMA light came on. I had the battery replaced at the local dealer. Now, I hear a clunking and creaking when I go over bumps or driveways diagonally (side-to-side rocking motion).

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe the dealer just did a sloppy job on the replacement. No, it isn't the rear suspension or old beer bottles in the trunk. ;)

Email me privately for instructions on how to open up the back so that you can see what is moving. Something is probably flopping around and it should be easy to find and fix.