HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

07 HCH II -- Recall #10-034

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 HCH II -- Recall #10-034

I just got the software update and my impression from the first drive is that the IMA system is more consistent and predictable and it didn't seem like the more conservative programming adversely affected acceleration.

I had one forced recharge and it went on noticeably longer, continuing for some time at four bars. I think this what it did before the previous software update. The forced charge with the previous software would end at 2 bars.

The jury is still out and I'll be back later with a more fully formed impression.

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
Here is my stress test, pre update this drive was a sure bet for a recal, at mimimum get it down to 2 bars.
90 degrees on the dot, a/c set for 72, 500 lbs of people in the car, travel fairly open road, again slightly downhill about 2.5 miles, 6 bars most the trip, 7 at the stop where I turn onto a busier street....several lights and moderate trafic 1.5 miles, 7 bars, head into downtown, road construction 1 mile, not good, down to 5 bars, about a mile of slightly uphill rd, remains at 5 bars. steep hill about 1/2 mile then into multi level parking garage, holding at 5 bars.
Climb out of parking garage, 4 bars (getting nervious) back down the hill, lots of regen, two lights to get through signal (now 5:15 oh boy, rush hour) this is where I find out there is now only one auto stop (per stop)with 4 bars.
very heavy traffic for about 2 miles as I head out of downtown, fairly flat streets....4 bars and holding, there is assist at take off only but generaly feels ok, and able to hold its own in the traffic.
head back to the suburbs, moderate traffic again, slight grade, moves up to 5 bars.
6 miles, headed to dinner, rolling hills, speed generally 40 mph, 6 bars, lots of regen on down hill slopes, no assist on up generally 1 bar of regen on flat aeras.
1 mile downhill, 8 bars at bottom of hill.
retrun back up the same hill, down to 5 bars, head on home, about 3 miles by the end of that back up to 6 bars.
other notes, the car generaly feels better, very hard to quantify I will not say peppy because the car by its nature is not a peppy car, it feels more solid, it feels like it is compentent and able to do what it needs to do if that makes any sense, it feels like it did when I bought it.
I have also found that it runs about 1 bar regen on the flats and seems to drop all assist above 30, on long hill there was maybe 1 bar of assist at 45 mph. There seems to be more assist available at take off, usually it maxes out (I do not accelerate hard) then drops quickly at 10 mph to maybe 1 bar at 28mph.
so, that is my one day driving evaluation, I will post more as I drive more.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
F4D
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 HCH II -- Recall #10-034

Just returned from the dealer. Haven't driven enough to see a difference yet.

Report forth coming in a day or two.