HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2006 HCHII battery failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
"Manalo"
Default Re: 2006 HCHII battery failure

I got the POA7F CEL code "hybrid battery pack deterioration" w/ 55,000 miles just recently and luckily it was covered by warranty and the Dealer took it in with no hassle *whew.

The only thing that concerns me is what if this happens again? Especially when the warranty is expired and I'm at 100,000 miles and have to fork out $3k+ for a replacement battery!!! This definitely would not sound appealing and wondering if the TCO on the car is even worth it...what do you guys think?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What happens if the CVT blows??? Just part of owning a car! Don't worry! be happy! Hal

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
"Manalo"

Originally Posted by Harold
What happens if the CVT blows??? Just part of owning a car! Don't worry! be happy! Hal

At least the CVT "blow-up" can be prevented by performing regular maintenance on it like change/flush the tranny fluid every 30k. As for the battery pack, expect to pay out-of-pocket every 50,000 miles in my case since there's really no way of maintaining a battery to keep it going, they just simply die

Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 PM

Yes, you may have a good point there alright! I guess that is what all these updates have been about! So far my dealer won't give my IMA the updates , don't know why. Maybe I should go elsewhere! Hal

Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 PM
"Manalo"

As for IMA software updates, I will have to ask the Dealer about that and if that could also be part of the warranty service. I should be getting back my car by tomorrow and finally get rid of this gas guzzler Truck they gave me for a rental car (Dodge Ram Truck averaging 15mpg).

Does anyone know the warranty mileage on an IMA battery? I asked my Dealer and they said "Honda keeps changing their mind on that one quite often"....hmmm I wonder why. In the book, it says 150,000 miles but I'm thinking there's an updated version somewhere based on what the Dealer said.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you're in California it is. It's 80k or 8yrs in most other states.

Hal, you should absolutely go with another dealer. I was able to get software updates free of charge with no questions asked.

I need to go back and get the latest...maybe.

Jess

Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Yes Jess I will be going to another Dealer! I am very happy however with my 2006 HCH2. I only have about 25,000 miles on it , but it has been a very efficient auto! Hal

Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
"Manalo"

Originally Posted by Jess
If you're in California it is. It's 80k or 8yrs in most other states.

Hal, you should absolutely go with another dealer. I was able to get software updates free of charge with no questions asked.

I need to go back and get the latest...maybe.

Jess

Hi Jess,

I just got my car back today and spoke with the service rep. He said it would cost about $5000 including labor to replace the battery unit if the warranty had expired. As far as the warranty goes, he could not confirm the exact # of years or mileage since he had mentioned that it varies in certain states. Although, the manual states 150,000 miles or 10 years. Would you happen to know where you got your information from? Considering the fact, that I may have 30,000 miles left before I face expensive battery replacements in the future. This car may be great, but is sounding like a potential money pit to me so far.

As far as SW updates are concerned. What are the benefits of this? Longer battery life???

Anthony

Old 08-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anthony,

Along with your manual, you should have a booklet of the warranties. In the back it list all the parts and components with years/miles of warranties and what states will cover what and for how long.

For CA it clearly states 10ys/150k for the battery and components.

Since I had my updates the whole feel of the car is smoother. If I have a battery re-calibration, it takes less time. I believe the SWs are to have the earlier models more up to date with the 2009's.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am very happy however with my 2006 HCH2. I only have about 25,000 miles on it , but it has been a very efficient auto!
Me too! I just crossed over the 36k mark. I fill up once a month and have the oil change every 7-8 months.

Jess

Quick Reply: 2006 HCHII battery failure

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands