Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Anyone changing to Shell? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/anyone-changing-shell-14097/)

Harold 06-19-2007 07:56 PM

Anyone changing to Shell?

Has anyone switched to Shell since the claim of increased FE per tank? H:angel:

mmrmnhrm 06-19-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Anyone changing to Shell?

Is this an advertisement they're running? I didn't see anything on their corporate webpage to suggest such a claim, though admittedly it was geared more towards investors.

ralph_dog 06-20-2007 04:34 AM

For some unexplained reason I get better FE with mobil so shell is usually only used when the fuel light has been on for a while and no mobil in sight.:shade: Here in MA, it's all about the amount of ethanol added. More ethanol, less FE.

vincep5 06-20-2007 08:26 AM

all of my tanks except 2 have been with Shell Gasoline..its hard to compare since a tank lasts me 2 weeks the weather can change a lot.

Like my last tank i didnt use the AC and this current tank ive used it a lot last week and rarely this week.

kenny 06-20-2007 04:58 PM

How can you guys tell?

Even with the same brand of gas each tank is different.

Harold 06-20-2007 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by kenny (Post 130694)
How can you guys tell?

Even with the same brand of gas each tank is different.

Well they did that study on cleanmpg forum a couple mths. past, that sort verafied gains over other brands. That is why I asked. H

msantos 06-20-2007 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 130698)
Well they did that study on cleanmpg forum a couple mths. past, that sort verafied gains over other brands. That is why I asked. H

Indeed, that is quite correct. As a verification, I too have switched to Shell last year and I have been baselining a noticeable FE improvement on a variety of automobiles (including my own).
In my region, the alternate brands have a percentage of ethanol blended in, which in combination with the other attributes contribute to measurably lower FE.

Cheers;

MSantos

leahbeatle 06-20-2007 06:45 PM

For those wondering what the claim is about, see Bob Wilson's excellent data on the 'Fuel matters' thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=12866

also apparently posted over at cleanmpg.

leahbeatle 06-20-2007 06:47 PM

Oh, and to answer Harold's question, no, I haven't switched, though I was aware of Bob's preliminary experimental results.

tigerhonaker 06-20-2007 06:47 PM

Hi All,

Just for the Record Book I have and still do use Shell Gas in my 2006 HCH II as well as our Mercedes. ;)

Terry (tiger)