Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Battery reset? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/battery-reset-18031/)

Bobs Metallic Pearl 05-05-2008 04:41 PM

Battery reset?

I was driving along in moderatly heavy traffic, a/c set for 71, SOC was at 7 bars and had been fairly well charged due the decent of a grade within the last couple of miles....I was stopped for a light, car was in auto stop w/5 bars, would not have noticed but then the engine came on, within seconds there was 4 bars 3, 2, 1 the engine was running at 1200 rpm with 5 bars of charge:omg: ....within a mile, it was back up to 6 bars and everything seemed fine...is this the battery recalabration I have heard of?

gumby 05-05-2008 05:28 PM

Re: Battery reset?

I've had it happen many times over the 34K miles on my HCH2.
I think that's what it is. It DOES concern me just a little bit as it seems to occur more often than I 'woulda thunk.'

Harold 05-05-2008 05:52 PM

I have heard others talk about this but I have never experienced this myself. My car has only 13000 miles on it! I have had it resart after AS however. Allways because ICE was not completely warmed up. Cheers, H

msantos 05-05-2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl (Post 171086)
...is this the battery recalabration I have heard of?

That's right. ;)

Reasonably normal occurrence for many of us (myself included) particularly those who do mostly city driving. Just relax and let the system do its thing.

Cheers;

MSantos

arbittan 05-06-2008 11:20 AM

Hmmm... I have been experiencing the same problem. I have had it happen to me three times since last week.

I have finally experienced what others here have written about with the no power without ele-assist.

I haven't worried about it much, I figure it is a major problem like the battery completely dies, then I would take it in.

HCHRobert 07-24-2008 08:38 PM

It just happened to me on my way home.

I'm sitting at a long light, the SoC is three bars and in Auto Stop...the engine fires up, so I think I inadvertently let off the brake, but no! The SoC is non-existent or zero. Seconds later, I get a green light and the car is a total dog! The rev stays at 3800 rpm or so and car just isn't moving...so I think I'm in low, but I'm not. By the next light, 1/2 mile and less than a minute later, the SoC is full...eight (8) bars..I never saw that before...always maxed out at seven.

The car: HCHII, 3400 miles, March '08 purchase (I'm not far from work!)

Harold 07-24-2008 09:11 PM

I think this is what the call the Samba? H

kristian 07-25-2008 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 182266)
I think this is what the call the Samba? H

No, the Samba is iFCD, not SoC.

Don't you love the hybrid alphabet soup you get in some of these posts?

rpecora 07-25-2008 06:52 AM

no

nehch2 07-25-2008 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by rpecora (Post 182292)

no

:thumbs_up