Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Check Engine Light (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/check-engine-light-12322/)

Kintak 02-16-2007 05:31 AM

Check Engine Light

As I was pulling into the parking lot at work yesterday, I noticed my Check Engine light had come on. I took it to Whitby-Oshawa Honda to have it looked at.

The diagnostic found "Code P1172 and P2A00-requires PCM updates". The work was covered by the warranty. They also noted the recently-issued battery plate recall, but the part is on order.

I picked up the car last night, all was well until I got off the highway. The Check Engine light has come on again. I'm taking the car back to the dealer today.

Kintak 02-16-2007 05:59 PM

Re: Check Engine Light

I took my car back to the dealer today. They found a faulty LAF sensor (I have no idea what that is). Unfortunately, the part is on back-order so I will need to go back. The service advisor tells me the car will use a little more gas than usual :( and may be a little sluggish. The Check Engine light has remained on.

On the plus side, the battery-cover-related recall was taken care of.

Harold 02-17-2007 08:32 AM

Do you find the car to be sluggish and get less milage?

Kintak 02-17-2007 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 112286)
Do you find the car to be sluggish and get less milage?

I haven't driven too far yet. The drive seems okay so far. The instant fuel economy display did suggest more gas was used than normal on my regular route to work yesterday.

hydrozii 05-25-2013 11:06 PM

what exactly did -requires PCM updates mean?
just a software update? I have the same model car and it's giving me the same codes right now :(

Kintak 05-27-2013 05:27 PM

Sorry, I don't remember. It was a few years ago, and I don't have that car anymore. :(

Brad.P 06-20-2013 05:48 PM

I know Honda did PCM updates on the computer that limited the frequency of the car to go into auto-stop and limits how much assist the IMA battery gives the engine. They did this to keep the battery cycles down and to extend the IMA battery life, unfortunately it also means that your MPG could suffer with this update.