Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Class Action Law Suit (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/class-action-law-suit-25018/)

currieep 10-19-2010 08:09 PM

Re: Class Action Law Suit

I was an unhappy owner of a 2006 HCH. I bought it certified pre-owned in 2008 with 68,000 miles. I just traded the car in with 129,000 miles for a 2010 Prius III. I had issues with the control arms, but of course I bought the car had newer tires and you won't really start to notice the cupping and road noise until the 12mo/12k certified warranty portion is over. I also used to average closer to 48 mpg, but it dropped significantly to 42 after the latest software update. I'm surprised anybody could get better fuel economy with the new updates, since it's very clear it uses the battery less and engine more. I also started to have recals multiple times per day after the latest software update. I feel very thankful I was able to trade my car in before having to replace my IMA battery. I've read multiple horror stories on this site and others where everything seems to be ok and then all of a sudden the IMA light comes on and your out over $3,000.

Though I can't be a part of the class action suit, I want to express that I feel that the suit is warranted and I hope current HCH owners get justice from Honda.

On a side note, I did have multiple other smaller issues with the car. My 1990 Lexus ES250 with 170,000 was more reliable, my 1977 Mercedes 300D with 200,000 miles was more reliable, and my 1999 Chevy Prism with 150,000 miles was more reliable (to name a few). I'm disappointed in the reliability of Honda. I don't plan on buying a Honda or Acura anytime soon.

Wallace07 10-28-2010 09:58 PM

Okay I'm missing any actual class action lawsuits about the control arms.... Someone have a link to that part?

Wood511 10-31-2010 12:08 PM

Class action suits are comical anyway. Read elsewhere about the last class action suit. The two lead plaintiffs got about 20K, the lawyers got millions and everyone else got a coupon for $500-$1,000 off a new Honda. Awesome.