Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Cool sight yesterday (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/cool-sight-yesterday-18512/)

dcvandiver 06-08-2008 05:06 AM

Cool sight yesterday

We had taken our HCHII down to the dealer to have a few things checked and the Breakin Oil Changed. After they were done we went down the street to the Mall of GA, and when we parked I noticed that we parked next to a Silver HCH and just across the lane was a Smart for 2. I thought it was cool to see 2 Hybrids parked next to each other and a Smart for 2 parked near by.:cool:

Don't see just a whole lot of Hybrids around here and that was the first Smart I've ever seen.

HemiSync 06-08-2008 11:57 AM

Re: Cool sight yesterday

I too rarely see hybrid vehicles on the road, but did recently have occasion to stop at a turnpike reststop and when I came out there were two prius parked on either side of me. I mean what is the chances of that happening randomly? Unfortunately it was one of those days that I did not have the camera in the car or I would have snapped a shot. I did wait until the owners came back out and they didn't know each other either. Hopefully this will soon become a common happening.

dcvandiver 06-08-2008 01:08 PM

Yeah, as Gas keeps going up I would say Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Vehicle Owners will start meeting each other more frequently.

Hate the Price of Gas keeps going up, but like having more of a chance of meeting Hybrid Owners. :)

Harold 06-08-2008 06:25 PM

Dwayne: I hope you changed oil when the maintenance minder reading reminded you?, and not any sooner. H

Bobs Metallic Pearl 06-08-2008 07:26 PM

It still tickles me to see another HCH II, I see them most every day but, it is the secret handshake of the antana/wheels that let's ME know it is a hybrid not just another Civic...wonder if the other drivers get a little kick too. :secret:

rshaw1655 06-09-2008 09:29 AM

Out here in CA (the bay area) I see a lot of Prius' but haven't noticed as many Honda's. Now that I'm a new owner of an HCH I'm sure I'll spot more, the antenna and wheels are the give away.

AccElan01 06-09-2008 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rshaw1655 (Post 175742)
Out here in CA (the bay area) I see a lot of Prius' but haven't noticed as many Honda's. Now that I'm a new owner of an HCH I'm sure I'll spot more, the antenna and wheels are the give away.

I always look for the turn signal in the mirrors.

trip221 06-09-2008 04:30 PM

I see a lot of HCH II's here in Orange County. I always get a little kick out of seeing another one and I usually am wondering what their average mpg is? All cars should have LED readouts on the outside so other drivers know what MPG they're getting.

Years ago I owned an old Jeep CJ. Everyone who had one would wave to each other, at least where I lived. I always thought that was pretty cool. I miss that car, but definitely not the fuel bill!

Jess 06-09-2008 05:43 PM

I have the luxury of being able to park in an area in my parking deck reserved only for hybrids. There are probably 2 Priuses for every HCH II and just as many TCHs (and we're talking like a dozen Priuses) With an occasional Accord Hybrid, Highlander and Escape....very cool to see so many hybrids together though.

tanstaafl14 06-09-2008 07:00 PM

I'm seeing a lot more Priuses on the roads nowadays. You can't really tell if the Civic or other brand is a hybrid until you get right next to it, since there's no real difference in style. The Prius, OTOH, has a unique appearance and is therefore easy to spot.