Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Front plate holder that drills under bumper? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/front-plate-holder-drills-under-bumper-22504/)

tmparisi 08-27-2009 06:34 AM

Front plate holder that drills under bumper?

I need to mount a license plate to my front bumper (IL state law) and I do not want to put holes in the front of the bumper cover. My cousin purchased a holder that drills or clips on underneath the bumper (I am guessing around the air dam area) from a local store like wal-mart, meijer, target, etc... But I have looked to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find something similar or have any other ideas?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Travis

Orient Express 08-27-2009 07:10 AM

Re: Front plate holder that drills under bumper?

Here is a DIY for using the existing plate holder.

tmparisi 08-27-2009 08:31 AM

I bought my car used and it did not have the plate holder with it. Does the normal palte holder attach under the bumper instead of drilling into it? Also, where can I get a replacement as my honda dealers parts department said they could not order it...

Orient Express 08-27-2009 11:53 AM

The stock plate holder had 2 screws at the bottom in the grill, and one in the center that goes into the bumper cover. This method simply shows you how to turn the plate holder upside down to install it without having to drill into the bumper cover.

A replacement plate holder is available from any Honda parts counter.

The P/N is 71145-SNA-A00, BASE, FR. LICENSE PLATE and will cost you between $8 and $12 dollars.

tmparisi 08-28-2009 09:06 AM

Thanks a lot Orient... I was able to pick the part up and get it installed!