HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Got the latest June '10 software update!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

I am not an advertiser for that attorney, I am a hybrid owner extremely unhappy with my car's performance and angry that Honda risked my life and the lives of my passengers because of the car's faulty design. My tires were rubbed bald because of the faulty tire arms twice before Honda admitted the design flaw, fixed the arms but refused to pay for new tires. Bald tires=increased chance of accident and threat to my safety and the safety of others. My car also would experience power loss to the transmission due to battery failure, causing my car's transmission to fail to engage and not accelerate. I would be at stop lights, accelerating onto the freeway, driving up hills (at slow speeds like in a parking garage or on my steep inclined driveway) and I would press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and the car would not go forward but the engine would rev. On the hills, the car actually would begin to roll backwards even with the pedal all the way pressed to the floor. no power to the transmission=SAFETY THREAT!!!!!! When I took my car to Honda and complained about the transmission not working, I was told that a "computer update was needed to fix the problem in the transmission", I had not received Honda's notice regarding the battery issues and was not told prior to the repair about the battery flaw. When I questioned Honda's regional service manager about the cars defects he merely asked me to recreate the problem and because I couldn't after the "fix" he refused to admit any fault that this battery problem may or may not have caused my transmission to fail. All I am trying to do is make people aware that this is a serious problem for many reasons and people need to come forward and contact the appropriate people so our justice department can do it's job.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My suspicions confirmed. Attorneys want to make money. More class action clap trap to opt out of…Mr & Mrs low count negative post, my only question is do you get paid by the post or are you on the payroll? You might be more believable had you ever posted anything, ANYTHING positive about the car.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

And what's up with the multiple cut-and-paste advertisement? It's all fishy, sorry.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
My suspicions confirmed. Attorneys want to make money. More class action clap trap to opt out of…Mr & Mrs low count negative post, my only question is do you get paid by the post or are you on the payroll? You might be more believable had you ever posted anything, ANYTHING positive about the car.
If you were suspicious about the poster, why didn't you warn the rest of us? Now I have to delete what I read from my brain. Haven't you learned anything from your 200+ posts? Thanks alot!
I posted I got 50mpg for the first three years I owned the car. That's positive isn't it?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

Obviously I am new to this forum and just want people to realize someone, somewhere is doing something about these problems. And that if people work together and bring their similar experiences and complaints to the attention of the law, maybe then Honda will actually do something about a much more public safety RECALL of this car. Sorry that I wanted to post my message in multiple places and "cut and paste" but Honda is full of Sh*t and I wanted to post the links quickly in multiple places. I am a real person and a real owner.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

The hopeful side of my personality says: maybe we'll get something useful out of this... like a free 2 year extension to our battery warranties, etc. My buddy just had his dual clutch transmission warranty extended in his GTI due to a similar class action lawsuit settlement.

The pessimist in me says: like most class action lawsuits, the lawyer will pocket a couple million dollars and we'll all get a coupon in the mail for a free oil change.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Originally Posted by Rob W.
The pessimist in me says: like most class action lawsuits, the lawyer will pocket a couple million dollars and we'll all get a coupon in the mail for a free oil change.
Hehe.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob W.
As a happy '08 owner, reading this thread still leaves me on the fence. I never experience any re-cals ever, so I'm tempted to go ahead with the reflash.

However, I sympathize with everyone's complaints. We've all been there before with a problem that a dealer/OEM refuses to acknowledge. It's not fair and I personally would love to see a class action against Honda for such behavior. (maybe it'd help push the other OEM's back in line too!)

It may be unethical to suggest this, but has anyone considered really frakking up their battery pack such that the IMA light finally comes on and Honda is forced to act? When faced with the same situation, I might be tempted to force a series of damaging 100% discharges (leave IGN key on overnight every night for a couple weeks?). Technically, I'm sure you'd kill the 12V battery as well, but so what?

Maybe the HV pack protects itself from this sort of abuse.. I have no idea.

Disclaimer: I neither endorse nor encourage this behavior. And certainly, above all, do not do anything that threatens your own personal safety!
A few owners claim that the IMA battery will be depleted completely if you don't drive for a month. I have no idea if that is true although the owner's manual mentions that the Civic should be driven at least once a week if you put it in storage.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Well I parked my 2006 for 3 mths. and the SOC had not dropped one bit. This was Jan. to the end of March. Some cold weather in that as well.I have done this for two years now. H

Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 PM

This is from page 213 of the 2006 Owners Manual. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's what Honda says:

If this vehicle is unused for over one
month, the service life of the 158V
Nickel-Metal Hydride battery will be
reduced and the battery may be
permanently damaged.

Quick Reply: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands