HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your HCH-2 ?
Very satisfied. Its almost perfect.
67.46%
Satisfied. Could use some improvements, though.
27.78%
Somewhat satisfied - need time to fully evaluate it.
1.59%
Not satisfied (bad quality, bad service, etc)
1.59%
Other (please elaborate below)
1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

How satisfied are you with your HCH-II ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How satisfied are you with your HCH-II ?

I also bought mine sight unseen and no test-driving of any HCH-II or a CVT-equipped car though am pleased with these items.

This car replaced an 11-yr old sports car due to my job requirements (cargo space, 4-dr, great FE, GPS) with all other features as a bonus (PC card reader, CVT tranny, superb FE for a 4-dr.

I drive about 30-35k/yr so a comfortable and reliable car is nearly a requirement and this car fits the bill. Aside from fuel I only have the added expense of one oil change and three tire rotations through 16k miles as compared to five oil changes and three tire rotations the previous car would have had.

My pet peeve are reviewers who note that the HCH doesn't have Bluetooth or full Leather or 17" wheels or is not as nicely-equipped as a Camry or is noisier than a MB C-class or is more sporty than an Aveo -- they need to compare the car within the same class as a similar 4-dr mid-size sedan. It is NOT an Accord, it is NOT a 2-dr family car, it IS the entry-level car for Honda but with some features above the entry-model version. If you want leather and more power then get an Accord and don't compare the Civic to it or vice versa. So many reviews are subjective (the steering was soft, the suspension was too stiff, etc.). Comparing this to my last car it is a soft suspension and ultra-quiet ride as I can not only talk on the phone with all the windows *down* but I can also write legibly on a notepad at a safe 65 mph -- the previous car was loud with all the windows *up* and writing on anything looked like a 3rd grader scribbled it.

Extremely pleased with this car and at nearly 165 mi/day or 1,200 mi/wk (15,750 in 95 days) I have not experienced anything less than pure satisfaction: no paint on the spoiler, no window off track, and best of all - a local repair shop who is HAPPY to have me stop in at any time while the previous car made them hold their head and scream.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Enthusiast

2 months ownership and 4200 kms.

Nothing but pure pleasure in driving it, besides the bloody drivers seat, but well that’s a personal problem I have with almost all the cars seats (those round up edges in the modern car seats are very irritating and even cut the circulation blood in my legs getting the right one sometimes a little numb) but I’m working on this and getting better wit the results.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaykay
Love it. Can't look past the positives. By now, my former car (Volvo) was having lots of annoying problems that added up over the years.
SAme story, including the Volvo part.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

I have had the car 2 months, and 7200 miles.

The HCHII is an appliance, it does the job it was designed for and does it quite well. I purchased the car because of a long commute, approximately 150 miles a day.

I have three complaints with the car.
1. After 12 days, and 800 miles the car would not start. Long story, however the car started up for the dealer the next morning, and no problem was ever found. STORY
2. Seats are not comfortable for more than a couple of hours. Maybe it is just because I have a bad back, but I can not stay in the car for more than 2-3 hours at a time. In my 540, I am able to make marathon trips of 6 hours or more with no ill effects.
3. XM reception is ****-poor. Fortunately my local dealership (Walnut Creek Honda) has been very helpful, and is in the process of resolving the problem.

Overall, I have been satisfied with the car. The seats are my biggest complaint. A large reason that I am as happy with the car as I am, is because of my local dealership. If I had to deal with Anderson in Palo Alto every day, I would be much more unhappy.

Last edited by Otto; 11-12-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

Do not have a single complaint. I absolutely love my HCHII. 7500+ miles, 46.7 MPG lifetime, and climbing higher.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Getting better FE!

Love it but here's my list of complaints:

1. Radio reception not great
2. Wish it had better FE at higher speeds (I like to drive at 70 to 75)
3. All electric mode in slow stop and go traffic would really help my commute.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast

Bought my HCH II 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it! I got 50.2 mpg on the way home from the dealership!

The only minor thing I would change is to add a "total miles to empty" gauge - other than that it's been perfect!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Very satisfied! I have almost 2,000 miles on my '07. My first tank got around 45 mpg and since reading this forum and 'the article' as I like to call it I have averaged in the 60's with a best of 71.2 mpg. It is truly a joy to commute to work and is probably the highlight of my work week.

john

Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Owner

I'm a bit disappointed in that it doesn't drive on electric-only under 30 MPH like the brochure says.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Proud owner HCHII

Oh yes it does! You have just got to learn how.

Quick Reply: How satisfied are you with your HCH-II ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands