HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Hungarian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hungarian Grand Prix

Originally Posted by AndrueC
I disagree. "Lucked out" would mean that anyone starting form 14th with limited fuel choices in those conditions could have won. I can't accept that. Both Jenson and Honda worked very hard to get that result. He didn't just drive round and round and happen to be the first across the line. He overtook people. He kept his car on the road.

Honda and Jenson did a fantastic job in the conditions they were faced with. A lot of other teams and drivers did not.
He lucked out, big time. You had MS and FA both with 2 second penalties, you had KR run into the back of a car that slowed down. That is 3 drivers that could run circles around button that were eliminated from the race. When he can win with them in the race, I'll say it's not gifted or lucky.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tulip
I am not sure why some of our members are so grudging in their praise for Honda Racing's achievement? Without success you quickly get the FCO saying "can we really afford this"? Look what happened to Jaguar.

Toyota and Honda are making a huge investment to try and catch up Renault, Mercedes, BMW and Ferrari and Sunday's result will have been a real tonic! F1 can be boring unless there is unpredictability. I for one am delighted.

Honda will pull out not because of lack of success... it will pull out when F1 becomes a spec series. And yes, F1 is going down the path of a spec series because the FIA is hell bent in ruining the sport.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM

Where's button now?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Proud owner HCHII

button with a small "b" must refer to the red starter button on the S2000 I presume? Wish my HCHII had one.