HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Oil Change Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Angry Oil Change Price Increase

I just made an appointment with my local Honda Dealer to have the oil, transmission fluid change and tires rotated. The service rep said the price for hybrid oil change has increased b/c of the type of oil that is used (0w 20). Oil change used to cost me around $23 (w/ my own oil brought in). Not sure how much the increase is, but the whole thing seems kinda silly. Anyone else have this new issue?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oil Change Price Increase

So you brought in your own oil and they STILL charged you a higher rate because you drive a hybrid? Shame on that dealer!

Before the HCH, it had been years since I've changed my own oil, but it just seems logical on this car where I want to control as many of the factors that I possibly can. I did my last (second) oil change and it wasn't bad at all. There is a great FAQ that someone linked to in a post I started about oil changes that walks you through the whole process step by step if you're interested. If not, I would seek out another dealer at least.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 PM
"Manalo"

Changing your own oil isn't really that bad at all in these cars. Only thing I don't like is the undercarraige plastic cover that has to be removed prior to changing. Other than that, cake.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Hybrid Addict

Wow. I thought I was smart when I found someone at $30 to change my oil. My dealer charges me $40 and change. Which, I might add IS $20 more than the normal Civic for the oil change at the same dealer.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm all for changing the oil myself. Agree, piece of cake, except for that **** undercarriage. Also, it nice to know it was done right with the correct oil weight.

Peace,
Paul

Old 05-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Enthusiast

why not just use a marine topsider oil evacuator then just change the filter. no need to take all that off. that is my plan.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by honduhlife
why not just use a marine topsider oil evacuator then just change the filter. no need to take all that off. that is my plan.
Unfortunately, to get to the filter, you have to take off the undercarriage.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

No, they haven't changed it yet. It shouldn't be an issue since I'm bringing in my own oil. I'll be doing them a favor.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:01 PM

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1879497

Old 05-30-2008, 07:43 AM

$55 at my local dealership. My independent Honda shop is about the same.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Price Increase

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands