Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Paint overspray on my car (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/paint-overspray-my-car-14213/)

jjvera00 06-28-2007 12:55 PM

Paint overspray on my car

Well, I finally got my 2007 HCH back from the dealership after it was there for a month to repair the MCM and Rotor Sensor. Anyways, I took it to work last Thursday and Friday. Some contractors were painting our unit's transformers (I work at a chemical plant) and some tiny paint specs are now on all our cars :angry: .

Just wondering if anyone can suggest how to remove the paint overspray from my car and windows?

Harold 06-28-2007 01:28 PM

Re: Paint overspray on my car

It should come off the glass with one of those razor blade scrapers, the paint is another story! Will the company repaint the car? I would invest in a cover for my car, if I worked at that place.H

okie mom 06-28-2007 02:51 PM

Sometimes you can buff those off if you don't wait too long, then rewax. That happened where I work a few years back and that is what we did. I guess it could depend what type of paint it was.

Good Luck!!

gumby 06-28-2007 03:41 PM

If it's just tiny bumps of paint, you may be able to use a clay-bar to clean the paint. It may pull off these specks. Or, like Nita said, try buffing them off, thne give it a GOOD waxing (2 coats of wax). That'll make future *droppings* potentially easier to remove.

IMAhybrid 06-28-2007 05:27 PM

I was going to suggest clay bar too

jjvera00 06-28-2007 06:58 PM

Thanks guys. Right now though we are waiting for the contracting company that did the painting and the plant where I work at to come to an agree on what to do. In other words pay to have the cleaning job done.

TorontoHybridClub.ca 07-01-2007 04:13 PM

Probably the clay bar will take it off, if not then I wouldn't polish it out yourself. I would insist that they allow you to take it to an automotive paint refinishing company, they have commercial polishing compounds that we can't get access to that will blow your mind with how well they can polish your clear coat/paint.

jjvera00 07-11-2007 02:44 PM

Well, the contract company that did the paint job is going to take care of everything. Starting Monday, they will bring their own guy in to clean up the overspray. All I know is, I'll let him work on the other's car first, then he can do mine.

msantos 07-11-2007 05:35 PM

Good move, having them do the other cars first.

Still, in your place I would be a little paranoid having someone else (who may not know what they are doing) work on my car's paint. I would perhaps elect to clean the paint myself for fear that he would dig into the clearcoat.

Anyhow, good thing the world is not made up of people like me. :embarass:

Cheers;

MSantos

gumby 07-11-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by msantos (Post 133649)
Good move, having them do the other cars first.

Still, in your place I would be a little paranoid having someone else (who may not know what they are doing) work on my car's paint. I would perhaps elect to clean the paint myself for fear that he would dig into the clearcoat.

Anyhow, good thing the world is not made up of people like me. :embarass:

Cheers;

MSantos

I thought EXACTLY the same things, MSantos :embarass: