HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Paint protection film?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Paint protection film?

I just picked up my 07 w/ navi on Dec 20th and had the "clear Bra" and tinting installed the next day. I drive 130 miles round trip in so cal and so far I have 1400 miles and ZERO chips/dings. My 04 Accord looked like somebody had taken a sandblaster to the front of it after 64K miles. The clear bra is worth every penny.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Enthusiast

I haven't used them but was given the link by a friend. https://www.xpel.com/

Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Energy Independence

Thanks.
I printed a listing of a few authorized/affiliated dealers within 50 miles or so of Dallas.
I'll have to call around, get pricing, and visit a couple.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast

Some people only have it applied to the far most portion of the hood... meaning the metal panels which are most acceptable to rock chips. They leave the plastic potion (bumper) alone.

According to Honda parts the bumper is 250 unpainted... probably ~100 to have it painted independently.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=BUMPERS

Old 01-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast

I would also recommend that you get the side mirrors covered too.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast

We've had the 3M Paint Protection Film on our 06 HCH since it was purchased (Jan 06), as well as on our 05 Prius (since July06), and it is one of the best investments we've made. Both cars have no nicks in the hood or front bumper; I highly recommend it. We had it professionally installed and purchased the extended kits for both vehicles, as they go a bit higher on the hood and also cover the back of the mirror assemblies (we also covered the pillars on each side of the windshield as well as the fog lights on each vehicle with a thicker plastic).

Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by sparksongs
We've had the 3M Paint Protection Film on our 06 HCH since it was purchased (Jan 06), as well as on our 05 Prius (since July06), and it is one of the best investments we've made. Both cars have no nicks in the hood or front bumper; I highly recommend it. We had it professionally installed and purchased the extended kits for both vehicles, as they go a bit higher on the hood and also cover the back of the mirror assemblies (we also covered the pillars on each side of the windshield as well as the fog lights on each vehicle with a thicker plastic).
I totally agree w/sparksong. I have it on my 06 civic w/the Extended kit. The WHOLE bumper is covered, 80% of the hood along w/the sides fenders, my side view mirrors and headlights are covered. One of the greatest investments i put into the civic! I commute like crazy! Yes of course you can tell you have the bra on (if you really, really look), but i rather have the look of the bra on than the annoying rock chips on the hood. And what's worse the look with a lot of touch up paint on the the hood. I personally love it! But of course it cost me an arm and a leg. I could've gotten a PS3 instead, lol. I'll try to post up pics asap.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sorsha
I would also recommend that you get the side mirrors covered too.
Good idea, but that wouldn't have helped me. A rock took out the turn signal lens in the mirror on mine. $90 for the part (did the labor myself). Ouch. Those lenses are obviously pretty fragile, so perhaps the film would help a little (do they even install the film over the lenses???)

Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Good idea, but that wouldn't have helped me. A rock took out the turn signal lens in the mirror on mine. $90 for the part (did the labor myself). Ouch. Those lenses are obviously pretty fragile, so perhaps the film would help a little (do they even install the film over the lenses???)
I sure a shop can custom it.... I forgot to add that the shop that did mine also included the inner part of the outside door handle for free, the half circle shape that your nuckles almost hit when you open the door. I have no idea how they did that since it's not offered on any clear bra website. And just like how sparksongs got his pillars and fog lamps done i'm sure that was custom. So ask and see.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Great Mileage and Green

I was able to have the hood, rear view mirrors and door handles done on my 2007 for $399, and when the man who does it for the Honda Dealership came out to pick up my car, he added the front bumper top to bottom for $250, which made it worth it. I used regular bras in the past, and hopefully this 3M clear bra will do the trick and protect the finish of the car where it is placed.

Quick Reply: Paint protection film?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands