Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/planning-buy-hch-06-boston-questions-6457/)

PA Runner 03-24-2006 10:56 AM

Re: Planning to buy a HCH 06 in Boston...Questions

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
That's funny, I traded in a Infiniti I35 for my HCH2 and glad I did it!! This HCH actually drives better than the I35 did, especially on trips of about 5hrs or longer. Some people comment to me that it was a big step down going from an Infiniti to a Honda Civic but I think it was a step up in a lot of ways!!

That is exactly the type of comments that I received. I am very glad I made the trade, especially with the gas mileage that I am now getting. There is truly no comparison in that regard.

kenny 03-24-2006 03:57 PM

I just thought I'd mention a big factor in the price you get is your negotiating ability.

Every large-ticket item, house piano car, sells for as much as that seller can get, at that location, on that day, from that buyer.

willdorr 06-21-2006 03:56 PM

Hi, Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I bought my HCHII at Majestic Honda in Lincoln, RI. It's an easy drive (about 45 minutes from Boston). I waited two months for my HCHII, but that was for financing reasons that had nothing to do with the dealer. They generally have one coming in every three weeks, and demand there is a bit less. I paid 22,000 even for the car (plus tax, title, etc.)
I had a really good experience there. I would heartily recommend it.

DeepMarket 06-21-2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by willdorr
Hi, Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I bought my HCHII at Majestic Honda in Lincoln, RI. It's an easy drive (about 45 minutes from Boston). I waited two months for my HCHII, but that was for financing reasons that had nothing to do with the dealer. They generally have one coming in every three weeks, and demand there is a bit less. I paid 22,000 even for the car (plus tax, title, etc.)
I had a really good experience there. I would heartily recommend it.

Great to see a positive review!
I hope the car does you well for years to come.

SrfCity 06-21-2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by PA Runner
I traded in a Infiniti G35 (12 - 16 MPG).

An ex GF had one of those and said the mileage was terrible. I didn't realize it was that bad. Too bad for her ;)

mickster 06-22-2006 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by SrfCity
An ex GF had one of those and said the mileage was terrible. I didn't realize it was that bad. Too bad for her ;)

My folks had the G35 Sedan (RWD, not AWD) and got in the low 20's even with my dad's lead foot at age 76 (nearly 77).

PA Runner 06-22-2006 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by mickster
My folks had the G35 Sedan (RWD, not AWD) and got in the low 20's even with my dad's lead foot at age 76 (nearly 77).

What killed the mileage on my G35 was the bumper to bumper rush hour traffic. :angry:

fradubio 06-23-2006 09:52 PM

I bought my 2006 civic from Honda Village and was very happy with the service. Waited about 3 weeks for a metalic pearl w/ navi. that was already ordered and on the way.
Good luck.