HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

From what I see you get get it, but you will have to pay more for the warranty after teh 6k mark. I am trying to figure out how long I need it for. It if get the longer one you can get a prorated refund for the remainder.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Well, I voted yes, because I bought a 6-yr 100k warranty, but to be honest it wasn't the Honda-Care program. I bought mine through a Penske dealer, and they have their own, but it's very similar.

I figured I'd be driving the car at least that long/far, and I didn't want to worry about running out of coverage. Of course, now I've driven more than half the miles, and less than half the years.... sigh.

I have no idea how much I paid.... I knew once, but now I can't remember. We rolled everything into the financing...

--A

Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Bought the Honda Care EW from Gary Force Honda*
8yr/120Kmiles/zero-deductible/$976
Got the booklet, ID card, etc and all appears to be as promised.

I imagine it will be a while before any of us "use" our Honda Care EW (unless you get a flat and need the roadside service feature) as I'm assuming most problems in the first 3 years would be covered by the standard warranty.

*I'm told GFH is no longer doing internet sales of Honda Care. But Bernardi was only a few dollars more for the same term.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Well, I was looking into this and the powertrain for the car is coverd for 5 year/60,000 miles. So, with all this considered do you really need to get the extended warranty? Or is this an expensive peice of mind?

Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got a 7yr/100k $0 deductible warranty when I bought my Insight used. Even if i had had to pay for it, it would have been worth it. The rear struts needed replacement and what would have been a $400 repair was done for free. I'm sure once the new HCHs get older, there'll be plenty of things that HondaCare covers to make it worth the price.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Originally Posted by tarabell
Bought the Honda Care EW from Gary Force Honda*
8yr/120Kmiles/zero-deductible/$976
Got the booklet, ID card, etc and all appears to be as promised.

I imagine it will be a while before any of us "use" our Honda Care EW (unless you get a flat and need the roadside service feature) as I'm assuming most problems in the first 3 years would be covered by the standard warranty.

*I'm told GFH is no longer doing internet sales of Honda Care. But Bernardi was only a few dollars more for the same term.
Hi all;

Tarabell and I purchased our ext. warr. from the same dealer. Gary Force Honda and the exact same plan.

Have-A-Nice-Day

BTW, Peace of Mind is worth the cost (IMO). The HCH II in the Pic below was also purchased from that same dealer.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bought 6yr/100k from Bernardi in MASS. I sleep at night; after 100k I will either pay for what goes wrong or get rid of it for that new Honda Civic Hydrogen car (and will get EW because it is a first year model)

Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 PM

We got 8-year, 100K coverage with $100 deductible for $925 at Bay Ridge Honda. Doesn't sound like the price was all that odd, given what others are saying.

We get too accustomed to cars to change often, so we are very likely to go beyond the 5/60 of the powertrain warranty.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Originally Posted by exbauer
I didn't purchase one, but I am trying to weigh the options of getting one or not. I know a lot of dealers that you can buy it online. The best deal I have found so far is

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/index.php

Thanks for the tip!!

My dealer wants to charge me "only" $1200 for 8 Year 100K Miles!! ($0 Deductible)

I will get it there my dealer won't match the deal.

On the positive side, the dealer did get me the car for $700 less than MSRP while other dealers in the Long Island area are charging $2000 over MSRP...

Old 05-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bought on for my '04 HCH, but passed on one for my '06. The factory warranty is a bit longer for the '06 then the '04. Plus, I'll probably end up trading it in at around 3 years old.

The nice thing is that I received a full refund for the unused extended warranty on the '04.

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands