HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Problems with drivers side window going off track

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Problems with drivers side window going off track

I've had the same thing happen to mine 4-5 times since I bought it. Not much since it's gotten down to frigid temps here.

I did noticed that, every time it happened to me, it was while my ICE was off, or turning off, like if I was rolling up my window while coming to a stop sign. It's acts as if there isn't enough juice getting to the electric motor. I even noticed the sound difference- it has that nice high-pitched whir while the ICE is on, but when the ICE shuts off, the whir drops down to a lower-pitched hum, and then a "capt'n, I'm givin' her all she's got" low-hum grunt sound as it slowly pushes itself out of the track.

I did try rolling the window down and up again, and I think I had the best results when I leave the stop sign and start moving again (i.e. ICE back on)

So, I can't help but think that it might be an issue with juice to the window's motor being reduced at certain times.

I'm just glad I decided not to smoke in the new car, and since have stopped smoking- I don't have to roll the window up and down that often.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Originally Posted by mogryph
I'm just glad I decided not to smoke in the new car, and since have stopped smoking- I don't have to roll the window up and down that often.
Congrats!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well this finally happened to our '06.

Anyone know if there is there a TSB on this yet?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast

It's BULLETIN 06-014 (at least that's what they wrote on my service invoice).
Good luck!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well that must be a Honda bulletin.

NHTSA does not list this problem in th HC or HCHII's TSBs:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...sb/results.cfm

Thanks though, I will bring the # up with our SA.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

I had the very same prob, took it to the dealer it needed a new regulator. No charge.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Picking my 2007 up from the shop today. Told the dealer about TSB 06-014 and he scoffed at that one. Not sure what he's done - guess I'll find out (and will post when i do).

Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
No Spin Enthusiast

2007 with 5700 miles and the driver's window went off track today. Will take it to the dealer and see what they say. I'm sure they will remember me since the IMA problem with the Motor Rotor Sensor in February.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast

After just now reading about this known problem, I'm slightly p.o.ed at my dealer. I scheduled an appointment for the wiring harness recall, an oil change, and problem with my driver's window coming off track a week in advance. I believe that since this is a known problem that they should have had the parts for my car. When I went to pick my car up, they told me that they would have to order parts for the window. They called me the very next day and said the parts had come in and I could schedule an appointment for repair. Now, I have to **** away another one of my days off waiting for car to repaired.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
No Spin Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R8Pru
After just now reading about this known problem, I'm slightly p.o.ed at my dealer. I scheduled an appointment for the wiring harness recall, an oil change, and problem with my driver's window coming off track a week in advance. I believe that since this is a known problem that they should have had the parts for my car. When I went to pick my car up, they told me that they would have to order parts for the window. They called me the very next day and said the parts had come in and I could schedule an appointment for repair. Now, I have to **** away another one of my days off waiting for car to repaired.
Fortunately I've learned that dealers don't think ahead and don't do anything unless they have the car in the shop with a service order written so they can look at the car first. My plan is to stop by and let them write an order and look at the car, and tell them what I've found on-line about the problem. This usually prompts them to call Honda and check on it and before you know it they order the part and give you the car back while they get the part. It seemed to work when I had an IMA problem. I also found it helpful to inform the service manager about what other Honda owners have found and he seemed receptive to do what he could to keep owners satisfied. (I don't think dealers understand that there are forums like this). The technicians work on the car, the service writer writes up the order but the service manager has more knowledge about the overall system. At least that's what I've found.

Quick Reply: Problems with drivers side window going off track

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands