Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

That is more like it! H

Old 06-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I reported my findings to the Honda Corporate manager handling my account and gave him the values from my hybrid and the loaner hybrid.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Got the car back and they still didn't do anything but run it through the computer. Surprise they DID NOT find any problems....

I am still getting 41 on this tank and the loaner was returned with 48.8..... They decided to print out part of the manual and hightlight the section where it states "hard driving will result in lower miles per gallon..." I was soooo furriest... In any case I will contact the account rep at Honda to see what's next. If that doesn't work, I will be speaking with our county's consumer relations.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 PM

Getting back to the difference you're seeing with mid-grade gasoline, I think this is supposed to be a sign that the engine isn't tuned properly. Maybe the spark plugs weren't right. Heck, they sold you the car with under-inflated tires, who knows what else they did or didn't do to it nor would admit to by actually looking at the engine instead of consulting some ******** computer. We got false check gas cap alerts, the windshield washer fluid warning (Canada) being unreliable, how can you get anywhere when the sensors tell you everything is right as rain when you know that it is not?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:59 AM

I was thinking Spark Plug issue myself. But the Honda rep that is working my case has decided to have me take the car to another dealer so they can have another opinion. He did acknowledge that my mileage difference is apparent especially since the loaner I got got the higher mileage...

I will be contacting the dealer today for an appointment.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM

So you're getting somewhere, finally, albeit slowly. I bet the loaner put a smile on your face. And if anyone else missed it, you are not a lost cause at fuel economy.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Contacted the other dealer, they will take the car in, need to wait for them to call me back. They need to speak with the Honda rep to get more information.

And thanks spinner

Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM

It is July and it's time for another RANT!!

RANT TOPIC: Dealerships and diagnostic codes.

I have been experiencing heat related issues with my battery discharging and losing all sorts of vital driving assists.

I first noticed and could not ignore that my battery level dropped to 1 bar in a matter of seconds while waiting for the traffic light to turn green. I decided to chalk this up as a battery reconditioning mentioned here on other threads. After about every day getting the battery to do this same thing over and over, I thought it could be something more serious like a battery pack going bad. I decided to call the dealership to have them check the car out. They checked the car and informed me that they could not find any codes but there was two system updates it needed. A CVT and PGM update. I went to get the car from the dealer and went home. While I was driving home the battery pack depleted again. I called them once I got home to explain to the service center that the problem did not go away. I further asked if they really test drove the car since it happened to me only after driving a few blocks. They then responded by asking me to bring the car back in the morning. (I could not do this). I did however call them back in the morning and asked the service adviser what they did to determine why they thought nothing was wrong with my car. I was told it was hooked to their computer and the computer came back with no error codes. So then I replied, you didn't actually do any real "diagnostic" work? I then asked how can the computer know the battery is draining fast? Does the computer know how long the battery should last by putting a load on the battery? Their response is, No, it just uses sensors and stuff.....

I have worked on computers and cars for a long time and one thing that doesn't change is how you determine if a battery is bad. You put a load on it and compare it to a known good source....

Two weeks pass and I decided to contact Honda of America since the dealer would not see my car again. I called Honda to file a complaint with the car and a case manager took it from there. We made another appointment with the same dealer and was informed to bring it in the same day. To my surprise they did not find a problem again but to add insult to injury they decided to print out a page from the manual stating "Driving hard or aggressively will lead to low mileage and battery drainage" I was not happy with that. I told them that the loaner they provided me (hybrid) was getting the mileage and I expected and I did not have any battery issues. They then informed me that the navigation in your car can affect mileage and battery......

I decided to keep my cool and took my car back home. I contacted Honda and informed them that I am not satisfied with the dealer and the car at this point.

I am currently waiting on my marching orders to take it to another dealer.

My point is, how can you rely on diagnostic codes when you can easily see there is a problem.

I chalk it up this way, if you take you car to this dealer and your car is on fire and you tell them this, they will then hook it up to the computer to see if there is an error code. The car can be burning down and they are looking for codes. The problem is not a code, it is on FIRE!! take out the fire, how hard is that?

If a customer is telling you the battery is not keeping charge, how about checking the battery physically?

Thank you,

Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

"the navigation in your car can affect mileage and battery......"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I think that sums up just what a great dealership they must be.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by jat1793
"the navigation in your car can affect mileage and battery......"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I think that sums up just what a great dealership they must be.
Man, I thought the same thing! My battery's been doing the discharge thing too lately. Almost every evening (at 95 degrees outside), when I leave work, after about a minute (sometimes 5 minutes, though ) it will quickly discharge. I'm a little ditsturbed by it, but have not done anything about it yet. I'm due for a B1 service soon, so I'll probably have the dealer look at it then...

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands