HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:42 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

Originally Posted by coyote
I like the URL of the cleanmpg site in the tinted portion at the top of the front windshield. I think it's a good advertisement for the possibility that people can have a fine looking car with some 'extras', while still getting great MPG and doing a good thing for the environment, etc.

Very nice.
Hi Chuck,
Say you are really on Top of this HCH II and what it is really about. The car will be at, www.Hybridfest.com and will Represent www.CleanMPG.com another Forum like this one that is concerned about {OUR-ENVIRONMENT}. The HCH II here is suppose to get the Publics Attention and Help to Disprove the Notion that Hybrids are these Very-Boring cars. So I went the extra mile to show that Hybrids can look just as exciting as a Non-Hybrid car.

I have to tell you though that Few Members really see the Much-Bigger-Picture here. My Hat goes off to (YOU). Two-Thumbs Up

Thanks,

Terry

Old 07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

Originally Posted by exbauer
it looks good, but take the bra off. it ruins the lines as somebody already stated. but, it would look a lot better with some 17s or 18s and the HFP suspension kit.
exbauer,

Hey when you are right you are right, Right?

Yes the HCH II would look more sporty with 17's or 18's on it. However the reason that this HCH II has the 15's on it is because, I wanted to keep the same size wheel and tire combo that came on the car from Honda. I also in this case simply took the LRR (Low-Rolling-Resistance) tires off the stock wheels and had them installed on the New Weds. So these wheels are much Sportier than the dish wheels and lighter and I retained the LRR tires for FE.

As to the HFP Package on the HCH II. There is No-Such Option. The Option for the HCH II is the Lower Body Spoilers. That is what is on the HCH II now. The HFP Option is for the ICE Civic, BTW.

The Bra is on there for two reasons. 1st is to help Protect the very front edge of the hood and fenders. Next is because this HCH II is going to www.Hybridfest.com July 22nd and is to represent www.CleanMPG.com as a {Completely Loaded} HCH II from Honda.

Thanks for your comments and input.

Terry

Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

The lower body kit is not really a hybrid accessory. Otherwise they would have made it for the magnetic pearl and the opal silver. The lower body kit is only for the regular Civic and not the Hybrid.

On that note, the suspension kit is not theoritically not for the hybrid persay. But, the components are the same as the ones in the regular Civic. I talked to the local Honda dealer and they are swapable with the HFP suspension. I would get them, but since my wheels are 17X8 there would be some rubbing issues.

Your hybrid does look good and stands out from the crowd. I am glad to see somebody customize their Civic and make it their own. Just because you add something to your Civic to personalize it and takes away from the FE doesn't make it bad or wrong. I applaude you and your Civic.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

The lower body kit is not really a hybrid accessory. Otherwise they would have made it for the magnetic pearl and the opal silver. The lower body kit is only for the regular Civic and not the Hybrid.

On that note, the suspension kit is not theoritically not for the hybrid persay. But, the components are the same as the ones in the regular Civic. I talked to the local Honda dealer and they are swapable with the HFP suspension. I would get them, but since my wheels are 17X8 there would be some rubbing issues.

Your hybrid does look good and stands out from the crowd. I am glad to see somebody customize their Civic and make it their own. Just because you add something to your Civic to personalize it and takes away from the FE doesn't make it bad or wrong. I applaude you and your Civic.
exbauer,

I work at a dealership so I have information that the General Public for the most part Never-Sees. Example: See if your Honda Dealer will let you read their, Honda Sales Training Manual, also says on the Front Cover: Honda Civic Hybrid facts Book: Go to page #21, Accessories Civic Hybrid, and there you will see Listed in Plain English, The Separate Underbody Spoilers for the CIVIC HYBRID.

I'm sharing this with you because I think you like to know the true Facts and this is the Facts straight from Honda in their Training Manual to their Dealers.

The HFP Package can more than likely fit the Civic Hybrid but it is not an option for the CIVIC HYBRID and that is why it is not on my HCH II.
I have had the HPP on my Accords and it really looks Great. Very Expensive though.

If Honda for some reason does not have the Lower Body Spoilers for the Magnetic Pearl Color and I wanted them. I would get the dealer to order them in say the Alabaster Silver Metallic and have a Body Shop Paint them in the Correct Color. The Lower Body Spoilers really look GREAT and I can tell you for a FACT No-One would know that a dealer installed them after the fact. They fit Perfect. Honest, Look at the Pics and you can see how they fit.

Hope this info. helps you out some.

HCH II Mod. Owner,

Terry (tigerhonaker)

Old 07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

Thanks for the clarification. I just find it weird that they don't offer the underbody spoiler for the Magnetic Pearl and the Opal Silver stock. I would get them, but don't want to pay double for them since I would have to get them painted to match my car. Honda should have thought this one out and made them avail for magenetic pearl and opal silver owners too since it is avail for hybrid civics.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: See the (Before) & (After) Pics of HCH II Lower Spoilers:

Thanks for the clarification. I just find it weird that they don't offer the underbody spoiler for the Magnetic Pearl and the Opal Silver stock. I would get them, but don't want to pay double for them since I would have to get them painted to match my car. Honda should have thought this one out and made them avail for magenetic pearl and opal silver owners too since it is avail for hybrid civics.
Very Strange and I like you find it very hard to follow the thinking (If-There-Was-Any) on Honda's part regarding this. Strange.

I'm off to Bed, but did send you a PM earlier this evening.

Terry