Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Spoiler vs Trunk Lid Update (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/spoiler-vs-trunk-lid-update-13878/)

shoebox303 06-05-2007 04:29 PM

Spoiler vs Trunk Lid Update

I have the issue with the spoiler wearing on the trunk lid. It was fixed once with the foam layer, but the problem has reoccurred. My service manager has been in contact with Honda of America's Techline trying to get a remedy.

Today, after a couple of weeks, she called me to tell me that Honda of America only shows ONE complaint regarding this issue, and it's my VIN number. Because Honda only shows ONE person complaining about this issue, they aren't going to really do anything about trying to find a permanent fix.

She also told me to get on this forum (which I've told her about numerous times) and encourage EVERYONE with this problem to call Honda and start an individual case number assigned to your VIN number. She said Honda will try to tell you to go through your dealer when you call, but that won't get the job done. Insist that they start a case!

She gave me the number, it is 800-999-1009, and said to have everyone file the case under the "BODY" category.

Strength in numbers, my friends.

ravadac 06-05-2007 06:59 PM

Re: Spoiler vs Trunk Lid Update

Thats total bologna. I've been working with my service manager as well. I've also called Honda and opened a case. The person you talked to is lying or cannot figure out how to put in a good search term.

If you search through the records, I think I posted my case # on the board but I can get it and PM it to you if you want to use it as ammo.

Jayson

TheBundo 06-06-2007 03:30 AM

My solution to this is to not look. Got more important things to deal with. But I still plan to run the car through the wash every 3 or 4 months

ravadac 06-07-2007 12:04 PM

I just got my car back from the dealer for a couple of things. One of these things was the spoiler/decklid paint stuff. On the invoice was "Honda is aware of this problem and is developing a fix, Honda will notify when fix is available"

I'm going to call them later this week or next and find out if what is on my invoice is true.

Jayson

shoebox303 06-07-2007 01:16 PM

If anyone who is dealing with this issue has a specific case number, or can at least give me the contact info for your dealer, please do so. I'm going to see my service manager tomorrow to discuss this issue again.

ravadac 06-07-2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox303 (Post 128520)
If anyone who is dealing with this issue has a specific case number, or can at least give me the contact info for your dealer, please do so. I'm going to see my service manager tomorrow to discuss this issue again.

The Honda Case # I have opened is:
CASE #N012006-11-0200435

My dealership information is:

Roush Honda in Westerville, Ohio. (Service # is 614-882-1535). My car is still currently in their shop getting its recall work done.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jayson

Simple 06-08-2007 08:00 AM

I smell a class action lawsuit.

Anahymbrid 06-10-2007 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Simple (Post 128775)
I smell a class action lawsuit.

I smell much ado about nothing! I take very good care of my car... but in 18,000 miles, there are plenty of little rock chips and a couple of minor parking lot door dings that are more significant than that tiny little mark next to my spoiler. If that's the worst thing to ever happen to my Honda, I'll be thrilled. Why are some so quick to blame Honda for this, while overlooking an otherwise well engineered car? Nothing's absolutely perfect in this world!

gumby 06-10-2007 11:05 PM

While I agree, Jeff, that this is not that big a deal, it is odd that NOTHING has been done about this obvious oversight. Worse still, it sounds like shoebox is getting the runaround and out-n-out lied to. This kind of treatment leads some otherwise reasonable people to become vindictive. Honda should be all over this, and yet they sit. The answer is pretty simple - a more rigid material for the spolier. It's the flexing of the spoiler (at speed) that is the problem. But this would cost quite a bit for Honda, so they choose to do nothing, hoping we'll not scream too loudly. I haven't even brought mine in for the problem yet (sorry, shoebox), because I thought that surely by now there would be a solution - and I'd get the fix done at my next service. I will be in for my next service within the next 2 months. I'll get the recall done, the window-thing done, and make sure I get a case number for the spoiler. The longer this goes unresolved now, the less likely it is that Honda will ever pony up with a fix.

shoebox303 06-11-2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid (Post 129186)
I smell much ado about nothing! I take very good care of my car... but in 18,000 miles, there are plenty of little rock chips and a couple of minor parking lot door dings that are more significant than that tiny little mark next to my spoiler. If that's the worst thing to ever happen to my Honda, I'll be thrilled. Why are some so quick to blame Honda for this, while overlooking an otherwise well engineered car? Nothing's absolutely perfect in this world!

Thanks for the wonderful insight. My opinion is only my opinion, but I've come to expect more for my $25,000. If you're satisfied, then I'm happy for you. I'm just not satisfied, that's all.

For the rest of us, I think that Gumby has it right. Honda will wait this one out, hoping that we'll just get frustrated and go away. And sadly, that seems likely to happen. I'll keep working on it, so for those who are interested in a fix, keep checking this thread and maybe we'll get a solution. Those who aren't interested, read a different thread.