Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/spoiler-wearing-paint-off-trunk-lid-what-we-must-do-10816/)

ravadac 11-16-2006 11:27 AM

Re: Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Well took mine in for an oil change and showed the paint to the service manager. He said huh, I've never seen anything like that before. He noted that it looked like the spoiler is movin about 1/8" inch side to side. He noted the ticket, but wants to put touch up paint on my car. I guess I'm gonna have to go back to Honda on this one.

Jayson

exbauer 11-16-2006 12:44 PM

I dropped my car off yesterday for the dealer to buff out the surface scratches and he put a clear sticker (what they use for the clear bra) around the spoiler so when it does move it doesn't scratch the paint, but instead on the clear sticker. He said that will prevent it from damaging it more until Honda comes out with a fix.

shoebox303 11-16-2006 01:49 PM

I met with my dealer today who took pictures for HONDA and told me that the Honda Techline was suggesting a slideproof foam insert be installed to prevent the spoiler from moving. Apparently, it is already installed between the spoiler and the trunk lid of all other Hondas...but not the Civic Hybrid. It is called something like "TLP" or "TPL" or something...I don't recall at the moment.

She also told me that Honda reported that NO OTHER CASES OF THIS had been documented. I told her that I knew for a fact that Honda had other reports of this problem.

A couple of other things. It is very important to reiterate that:

1. Repainting it doesn't fix it. It will only scuff and wear through the new paint in a matter of time.

2. Applying the 3M type clear bra material doesn't fix it. It will only scuff and wear through the clear bra in a matter of time.

Don't let your dealer talk you into a temporary fix! Our best option is for everyone with this issue to call Honda of America and get a documented case on file.

ravadac 11-16-2006 03:23 PM

shoebox, the person you spoke to is lying about 'no other cases'. I'll be happy to provide you with my case number if you want to use it in the future.

Jayson

bear15 11-16-2006 03:41 PM

Did you have the foam installed yet? Do you have a part number that I might order the part for my car?

shoebox303 11-17-2006 05:46 AM

I haven't had the repair completed yet. I think Honda wants to review the pictures before they give the official "go-ahead". When it's completed, I'll post pictures, part numbers, results, etc on this thread.

bear15 11-21-2006 06:15 PM

Thanks . . . sounds great!!!;)

exbauer 11-22-2006 01:23 PM

My dealer took pictures of the problem area and said he was going to submit them to corp. Honda. I also have filed a claim and they gave me a claim number. So, hopefully that will help. But, my dealer said they haven't heard anything. I was there just Saturday to get my tire fixed since there was a rim leak.

medicmike 11-23-2006 08:01 AM

I have a silver HCH II as well. With the change in temps, I don't know if the spoiler has contracted and expanded or what but I can now clearly see scratches on the paint at both ends of the spoiler. They are very noticable.

shoebox303 11-23-2006 02:36 PM

Mike, call Honda of America and your dealer and your senator and anyone else you can think of! Welcome aboard the "Fix The Spoiler Issue" bandwagon!