Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Time for Oil Change and b1 error message pops up! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/time-oil-change-b1-error-message-pops-up-15117/)

burningstar 08-31-2007 09:06 AM

Time for Oil Change and b1 error message pops up!

:zip: OK so the oil change notice for my 2007 HCH finally popped up but with it came the "b1" error code.

:shade:Last week I took my car to the dealership to get an oil change but they sent me away and said i had to wait till the notification came on.

What is b1? i'm scared???

Harold 08-31-2007 09:36 AM

Re: Time for Oil Change and b1 error message pops up!

B1 service. Check your manuel, it tells you.

giantquesadilla 09-10-2007 08:36 AM

Yes. Manuel is very knowledgable. ;)

burningstar 09-10-2007 02:23 PM

Yes, check the manual...
I was charged $100 for B1, which i find totally unbelievable. :omg::(:confused:
Oil change, tire rotation, "checking" a bunch of easy to check stuff...

I never never never have gone to a "dealer mechanic" before. I only go now cuz of the hybrid. Does anyone have a referral for independent hybrid-knowledgable in Los Angeles?

Harold 09-10-2007 03:34 PM

I talked to my dealer about doing my own oil changes, filters, tire rotation etc., when I purchased my HCH2. They are OK with that. All they said was to keep the reciepts , milage and mark it in the book. So if you have done this in the past why not continue. H

jat1793 09-10-2007 03:48 PM

"Does anyone have a referral for independent hybrid-knowledgable in Los Angeles?"

There's artsautomotive.com in Berkely. He specializes in japanese cars and also seems to do alot of work with Hybrids. He's gone through the insides of a Honda Insight, and owns a Honda Insight as well.