Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Ufff... $$$ 30K-mile service quote (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/ufff-30k-mile-service-quote-26900/)

stevenvillatoro 06-03-2011 10:31 AM

Ufff... $$$ 30K-mile service quote

I'm in a situation where I cannot do my own DIY service, and am approaching 30K miles with my maintenance minder on.

I contacted my closest Honda dealer for certain service prices (using my own oil, BTW).

This dealer's prices (totaling $372.00) shocked me – see list below. Please let me know what I should expect to pay elsewhere, so I can judge what other dealers might tell me.

Thanks, in advance!
OIL & FILTER CHANGE $52.00
DRAIN AND REFILL CVT TRANSMISSION OIL $75.00
BRAKE FLUID FLUSH $80.00
TIRE ROTATION $30.00
CABIN AIR FILTER AND AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT $135.00

hchiiluv 06-03-2011 11:36 AM

Re: Ufff... $$$ 30K-mile service quote

Steve

RUN....actual the only thing that seems out of place is the filters...Do them when you can and save big $$$. Let the Dealer do the rest

Gairwyn 06-03-2011 12:00 PM

I was going to say the same thing. Everything seems in line with what my dealer charges (although I usually pay a bit less, about $42, on the oil change by using a coupon offer they send me).

Change the filters yourself. I realized this when my dealer quoted $80 to change the cabin air filters. I do it myself for $16. Takes a few minutes; can do it in the driveway, or in your case, a parking lot somewhere.

My dealer charges $20 for a tire rotation.

reagle 06-04-2011 01:13 PM

My B123 service at 28k was around $220 (Included Oil, CVT fluid, brake cleaning)
My A13 service at 50k was around $180 for oil/cvt and brake fluid
Definitely do not bother with them doing filters- plenty of honda dealers sell them online and it takes seconds to pop both engine and cabin air ones in

btownmadness 06-04-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro (Post 235697)
I'm in a situation where I cannot do my own DIY service, and am approaching 30K miles with my maintenance minder on.

I contacted my closest Honda dealer for certain service prices (using my own oil, BTW).

This dealer's prices (totaling $372.00) shocked me – see list below. Please let me know what I should expect to pay elsewhere, so I can judge what other dealers might tell me.

Thanks, in advance!
OIL & FILTER CHANGE $52.00
DRAIN AND REFILL CVT TRANSMISSION OIL $75.00
BRAKE FLUID FLUSH $80.00
TIRE ROTATION $30.00
CABIN AIR FILTER AND AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT $135.00

Originally Posted by hchiiluv (Post 235699)
Steve

RUN....actual the only thing that seems out of place is the filters...Do them when you can and save big $$$. Let the Dealer do the rest

Second that.

The cabin air filter is so easy to replace by yourself. And it's not too expensive (can't recall how much it costs ..) ... plus I'd not replace it as often as Honda recommends. It all depends on how much you use the temperature control system.

Ditto with the Engine air filter. -ag

stevenvillatoro 06-09-2011 05:06 PM

Found a great shop – did all services on my list plus standard inspections, fills, etc. for $207. All former Honda mechanics, and impeccably clean. I found a long list of five-star Yelp reviews online for this shop, confirmed by happy customers today in the waiting lounge. A great experience and a really nice savings. MPGs are noticeably up, too, BTW. Thanks for the good recommendations and advice!