Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   HCH II-Specific Discussions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/)
-   -   Upholstery Cleaner recomendation (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/hch-ii-specific-discussions-51/upholstery-cleaner-recomendation-16029/)

prs1966 11-19-2007 08:50 AM

Upholstery Cleaner recomendation

What are you all using to clean your upholstery? Any that work well? Any to stay away from?

Thanks

Orient Express 11-19-2007 10:12 AM

Re: Upholstery Cleaner recomendation

For our car, we have sprayed the upholstery with Scotch Guard, and use 10:1 diluted Simple Green for touch-up cleaning.

For major interior cleaning we use the upholstery cleaning wand on our carpet steam vacuum.

msantos 11-19-2007 10:43 AM

I basically use Simoniz upholstery cleaner and does not affect any ScotchGuard treatments you may have applied. For the tougher soilings (gum, chocolate, ink, ect) I use "PowerOut" from Turtle Wax and since it comes with an integrated brush it does a pretty job of cleaning things up even after they harden/dry a little.

Cheers;

MSantos

Harold 11-19-2007 12:13 PM

Gary, if you have not sprayed your interior with Scotch Guard, you should do it when possible. I'm glad I did mine as I spilled a cup of black coffee on my ivore seat. No stain, boy was I sweating! H

Orient Express 11-19-2007 12:40 PM

Scotch Guard

The very first thing that I did when I bought the HCHII was to give the upholstery a good soaking with Scotch Guard. I buy it by the gallon at a Janitorial Supply house. 1 gallon makes 5 usable gallons which I use on the carpet in the house, etc.

giantquesadilla 11-19-2007 07:40 PM

For our car, we have sprayed the upholstery with Scotch Guard, and use 10:1 diluted Simple Green for touch-up cleaning.
Scotchguard? Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner!?!
Thanks guys!