HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

"xm ready"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "xm ready"?

It is not a free trial. It is a lifetime XM subscription. (At least that is what I was told. I opted for the non-navi, so I cannot tell you for sure). I would ask about it when you take it in.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
It is not a free trial. It is a lifetime XM subscription. (At least that is what I was told. I opted for the non-navi, so I cannot tell you for sure). I would ask about it when you take it in.
If the dealer told you that, he's a massive jerk (or just a fool). It's 3 month trial (mine just ended recently).

Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Well good thing I didn't buy it huh! I don't need XM anyways. I have it at work and I listen to it PLENTY.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

SoyBean,

Did XM call you... hehe.. They called me and I politely informed them unless they can match my current price for FM then I would not be interested in extending my service. To be fair I also gave them a chance to match the service fee for HD Radio (there isn't a fee )

He tried to continue with his sales pitch, but told him he could stop wasting his time.

I won't pay for cable in my house, why would I want to pay for it in my car?

Thank you,

Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 PM

^ I agree. I can just listen to free radio. It frustrates me when I hear commercials on XM. I think 'isn't this being paid for?' (by my boss).

Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I originally thought XM pitched their system as a commercial free system.. When I heard commercials I was like the heck with this...

Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

xm advertises as having "the most commercial free stations" meaning they have stations that have commericials.

I asked the XM rep that came to one of our sales meetings and she says for the MLB when they are in between innings they have to fill it with something, so they fill it with commericials.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Energy Independence

... money-making commercials.

In theory, these should keep the subscription pricing down.

Personally, unless I was in my car for 4+ hours a day, I'd never consider paying for radio content. I'm pretty happy with sports talk radio, rock-n-roll stations (becoming more a rarity these days, though), or my collection of tunes on my 8GB memory card. There's never a shortage of entertainment options for me, so why PAY for more choices?

Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

i drive a lot and listen to progressive talk. recently, clear channel changed the format of the only progressive talk station we had here in san diego to sports. i like and need to hear the news that mainsteam/right wing radio is not reporting. that is the one and only reason i subscribed to xm.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Energy Independence

I agree with that, Matt!
The variety of stations (and ownership) is dwindling & has been for a number of years now.
Luckily, I can listen to NPR, and it's not all right-wing. But I listen to the sports talk station often in my 1.5-2 hrs a day of commuting. It's mindless chatter often, and they do hit the highlights of "regular news" some, too. Keeps my blood pressure in check

Quick Reply: "xm ready"?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands