Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Sounds like some awesome mileage!! I haven't filled my tank up yet since delivery last saturday, burning off the crap gas the dealer had sitting in the tank, then I am going to dump a bottle of fuel system cleaner in. Got the MPG up to 38 doing about 40 miles mixed 80% hwy 20% city.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Originally Posted by Fred S
Sounds like some awesome mileage!! I haven't filled my tank up yet since delivery last saturday, burning off the crap gas the dealer had sitting in the tank, then I am going to dump a bottle of fuel system cleaner in. Got the MPG up to 38 doing about 40 miles mixed 80% hwy 20% city.
Fred,

Sorry about the Long-Delay here on my Post.

Reads like to me that you are doing just fine on your MPG with the HAH. I think this is one heck of a Hybrid and I still Love this car.

Hang around here and keep us posted on how you are enjoying your HAH.

Terry

Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Looks like overall average for my second fill up netted 28 mpg. Double that of my previous vehicle!! I am very happy with that.

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Fred,

Sorry about the Long-Delay here on my Post.

Reads like to me that you are doing just fine on your MPG with the HAH. I think this is one heck of a Hybrid and I still Love this car.

Hang around here and keep us posted on how you are enjoying your HAH.

Terry

Old 01-19-2008, 02:51 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Another Picture of MPG with the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid)

Originally Posted by Fred S
Looks like overall average for my second fill up netted 28 mpg. Double that of my previous vehicle!! I am very happy with that.
Fred,

I think the way I am driving now at speeds on the interstate like 70-75 MPH and then in the City I am like at 24-26 MPG. So you are doing fine IMO (In-My-Opinion). I have chosen for some time now to drive this Hybrid anyway I see fit and the FE (Fuel-Economy) still suits me just fine.

Here is just a suggestion/thought for you. I just changed my tire pressure this morning back to 45 Lbs. in all 4-tires. It makes a lot of difference in the way the car Handles. Meaning all GOOD. Plus it Rolls so EASY that you will gain additional FE. Give it a try. If you don't like it you can always readjust it back down. I assure you Fred I would Never-Ever-Suggest this if I had any CONCERN about the Safety of Blow-Outs Etc. with your tires. I have owned 2-HCH's in the past and ran as high as 60-PSI in the tires and nothing bad happened.

Don't know if you have ever heard the term (Hypermiler/Hypermiling but if you have not those guys (Some-Of-Them) run real high tire pressure and have never ever had a Blow-Out or anything else Bad take place because of running higher tire pressures. If you are interested in reading about the different things the Hypermilers do to increase their FE visit www.CleanMPG.com I use to be a Moderator on that site some time ago. Infarct I was one of the founding members/contributors to that Site in it's start up. My Mod. Status was revoked when I questioned the [More-EXTREME-Methods] that some of the Hypermilers use. Since then I have not been back on that Site but there are or was at one time Members there that did the [More-Moderate] things to increase their FE and you might find some of those methods Helpful.

Tire Pressure set at the Max Sidewall Rating is not an unsafe thing so that I will recommend to you to try. The only thing I can think of that might be viewed as a (Negative) in raising your tire pressure to 44-45 PSI is it will be a "Firmer-Ride". That though is to some a Positive thing in that the car responds much more Quickly than with Low Tire Pressure.

Let me know what you think if you give it a try.

Terry

BTW, I now have like 4,800 miles on my 2007 HAH.