Engine Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Malfunction

But then again, maybe detergent fuels don't make any significant difference...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...gas-usat_N.htm

Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Engine Malfunction

Well guys I think I will try burning the 93 Shell Premium and see what I think. I use to have some really fast Bikes when I was into that. Plus I have owned many-many very fast cars over the yrs.

I will give it a chance and see what happens.

Who knows maybe it will do something.

BTW, I understand that the V-6 2008 Accord will have 268 HP. I would not think that Honda will change and expect their buyers to have to use 93 Octane in the 2008 Accord. I got this info. direct from Honda.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

Ditto with my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid, with about 7k miles. Pop / clunk noise correlated to light acceleration at approximately 20mph and 1800rpm, though it is not consistently occurring.

Originally Posted by laptopps
I also have a problem that I think is similar. I have a 2005 HAH and the "pop" occurs during light acceleration. When the sound occurs, the IMA shuts down rather quickly. Initially, I thought that it was a transmission problem, but the more that I experience it, I think it is the backfire that I hear and feel. I will also contact Ron at Honda and set up a case number. I hope that Honda doesn't think that they will shelve the idea of tracking down and fixing the problem because the HAH is going bye bye after the 2007 model year.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:28 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Engine Malfunction

Originally Posted by carbonita
Ditto with my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid, with about 7k miles. Pop / clunk noise correlated to light acceleration at approximately 20mph and 1800rpm, though it is not consistently occurring.
Hi,

I see this is your 1st post here on GH.

Welcome and come back here often and post with us.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have an 06 and I've never noticed anything even remotely like a misfire under either soft or hard acceleration. This is with both regular 87 octane fuel, which I used up to about 5 months ago, and premium (91-93 octane) fuel, which I have been using since. I actually think that the use of premium has given a fuel economy bump of about 1mpg, but I don't have any objective data to back this up.

The only thing that is remotely annoying about the operation of my HAH is that when the ambient temperature gets colder in winter there is occasionally an annoying vibration at highway speeds. This seems to be correlated to certain narrow ranges of temperature and I attribute it to the active engine mounts whose frequency response must be at least partially dependent on the air temperature.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: Engine Malfunction

Originally Posted by VMA131Marine
I have an 06 and I've never noticed anything even remotely like a misfire under either soft or hard acceleration. This is with both regular 87 octane fuel, which I used up to about 5 months ago, and premium (91-93 octane) fuel, which I have been using since. I actually think that the use of premium has given a fuel economy bump of about 1mpg, but I don't have any objective data to back this up.

The only thing that is remotely annoying about the operation of my HAH is that when the ambient temperature gets colder in winter there is occasionally an annoying vibration at highway speeds. This seems to be correlated to certain narrow ranges of temperature and I attribute it to the active engine mounts whose frequency response must be at least partially dependent on the air temperature.
Hey Dr. Russ,

Let me see if you can figure this Post out ??????

08-11-2007, 10:14 PM
VMA131Marine vbmenu_register("postmenu_163612", true);
Integrated Motor Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
$30,800.00 Plus Tax, title, lic. transfer Etc.

It was a deal but I work for a Acura Dealer and I am personal Friends with everyone at this Honda Dealership. From the Top management to the Clean-Up Guys.

I have owned more Hondas than you could ever imagine over the yrs.

I like Hondas.

Terry

BTW, Sorry about the time it took for me to reply to these Post here. I just dropped by here and checked and my (Instant-E-Mail) Notice was not (Turned-On). My-Bad !!!!!!!

Congrats on your new HAH! It is a great car. I got my '06 HAH in April last year and now have 30k miles on it and am averaging 32.9 mpg.

Does your HAH have Nav? If so, the price seems good. However, I paid $27,733 + tax, title, & tags for my non-nav HAH; the dealer had two on the lot and was apparently very motivated to sell them.

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid - V6 with IMA - Redondo Red Pearl- 30,000 miles - Averaging 32.9 mpg
1994 Honda Accord EX - I4 VTEC - Gold - 174,000 miles

Looks like Great Minds travel in the same Forums:

Have a NICE-DAY,

Terry Honaker
tigerhonaker

Old 09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I KNEW we talked about higher HP with increased octane before...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ium-fuel-9909/

Old 09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

Taking it into the dealership tomorrow. At 8k miles, I'm now noticing this noise at other speeds as well, sadly. The clunk noise is correlated to shift points simultaneous with rapid increase and subsequent decrease in IMA assist, and it sounds like it originates from the battery pack area.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

Called this number (didn't get a Ron). Honda took the VIN, and symptoms, but found no TSBs, recalls, nor campaigns on this issue. Case number given, and closed.

Originally Posted by cjacobus1
Bill:
Thanks. Perhaps if people start calling Honda Customer Service and relating the frustration they would get the message and do something about it. Ron is who I talked to at 800-999-1009 ext 118038.

Chuck
817-602-2915

Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Enthusiast

During the service test drive today, the clunk noise occurred once, and could not be reproduced consistently, hence Honda demurred to further diagnosis of the problem.

So ends the summer of discontent with Honda. After 20 years of driving them, might be the time to go Toyota.

Taking it into the dealership tomorrow. At 8k miles, I'm now noticing this noise at other speeds as well, sadly. The clunk noise is correlated to shift points simultaneous with rapid increase and subsequent decrease in IMA assist, and it sounds like it originates from the battery pack area.

Quick Reply: Engine Malfunction

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands