Engine Miss in new HAH

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Miss in new HAH

Originally Posted by Redapple
I am not thrilled with my Honda experience and at this point wish I never traded in my GMC. I had that for almost 3 years with no issues.
I've had my GMC for 13 years. 178K miles and no major problems whatsoever. I finally sold her on Dec 1, 2006. <tear> I know I'm going to regret selling that truck one day. But, I need airplane money right now.

This is my first Honda car, and I've enjoyed it immensely since day one. Hopefully, the kinks in your car work out for you.

I've owned Honda motorcycles for years now. Never had a serious problem with them, while friends with all other kinds of bikes did. My experience with Honda motorcycles led me to begin looking at Honda cars two summers ago. And is why I now drive an HAH.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Enthusiast

Just took the car on two trips that totalled about 550 miles or so and it didn't do it once. Maybe the winter fuel, they oxygenate here in the winter. I also noticed that the last fillup the pump daid 10% ethanol. Who knows. Keeping my eye on it.

Bill

Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast
Red face Re: Engine Miss in new HAH

I had a very similar problem and it triggered my check engine light. I took in to the dealer. It took a day for Honda to get back to the dealer to interpret the code. It turn out that the valve timing was causing a misfire. They fixed the issue and it changed the car, I get better mileage and the eco mode is much smoother. I am much happier in the car now.

I would tell anyone who notices the misfire to bring it in and have them check the codes. I also heard that there is a software glitch in the engine mount sensor which can cause false positives check engine lights. There is a software fix in the works and will be out in April.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast

The HAH engine shuts off at around 10 miles per hour to stopping. If you accelerate at the moment it goes into shutoff it may feel like a miss fire. It is actually a learning point for the driver.

I drive a lot in rush hour traffic. This happened at first, but I learned to modify my pedal application as I reach the stopping point. no problems and in fact I don't drive in such a stop start fashion anymore.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w0lver
I had a very similar problem and it triggered my check engine light. I took in to the dealer. It took a day for Honda to get back to the dealer to interpret the code. It turn out that the valve timing was causing a misfire. They fixed the issue and it changed the car, I get better mileage and the eco mode is much smoother. I am much happier in the car now.

I would tell anyone who notices the misfire to bring it in and have them check the codes. I also heard that there is a software glitch in the engine mount sensor which can cause false positives check engine lights. There is a software fix in the works and will be out in April.
I think you might have something there. I will check it out on my oil change. Mine has not set off the Check Engine light, but what you describe sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markshybrid
The HAH engine shuts off at around 10 miles per hour to stopping. If you accelerate at the moment it goes into shutoff it may feel like a miss fire. It is actually a learning point for the driver.

I drive a lot in rush hour traffic. This happened at first, but I learned to modify my pedal application as I reach the stopping point. no problems and in fact I don't drive in such a stop start fashion anymore.
Thanks for the thought Mark, but mine makes an audible "Pop". Other than that I am happy with the car.

Bill

Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

Took the car in this morning for another try to resolve the miss issue. After all day, they called and gave the dreaded we can't duplicate your problem crap. I tried to explain the issue, but I felt I was talking to a wall. I am going in tomorrow to talk with the service manager, and do a test ride to prove that the problem is there and repeatable.

Bill

Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w0lver

I went to the dealer during my lunch hour today, and was easliy able to reproduce the problem with him in the car. Three times within 5 or so minutes. He called Honda, and they reported the software glitch issue with the engine mount sensor. My car has not generated any codes, and therefore they will not even entertain the idea that the valve timing might be off. They also told me that they do not yet have the software fix for the sonsor software issue. They don't have an answer yet. The official wording on my receipt from the dealer is "Normal Operating characteristic at this time".

Other than the engine miss, I really like this car, but this really makes me mad. Not sure what to do.

Bill

Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast

This is not an engine miss. It is the tranny. It is typical in this model. Don't worry about it.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Typical? I don't have that noise.

Quick Reply: Engine Miss in new HAH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands