Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Front compliance bushings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/front-compliance-bushings-25622/)

AlanWBaker 11-29-2010 01:29 PM

Front compliance bushings

Hello HAH owners!

The dealer recommended that the front compliance bushings be replaced on my 2005 HAH with 74,000 miles. I would expect these bushings to last much longer and I have NOT observed any front-end symptoms like clunking, improper tire wear, vibration, or wobble. :)

So here's the question: If you HAVE replaced the compliance bushings, at what mileage? What were the symptoms or did you replace them on the recommendation of the mechanic?

Alan

bar10dah 11-30-2010 04:45 PM

Re: Front compliance bushings

Hmm, not sure that I know what "compliance" bushings are...

AlanWBaker 12-29-2010 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by bar10dah (Post 230227)
Hmm, not sure that I know what "compliance" bushings are...

They are also called lower control arm bushings. :D

Alan

salesrep 08-17-2011 08:10 PM

Perhaps this issue got resolved?

I had this problem with my wife's 2004 Pilot--abnormal tire wear on the inside of each of the tront tires that had the metal cords showing and everything. Had to get new front tires. The service guy told me the compliance bushings needed to be replaced and were the culprit of the tire wear. I want to say that they estimated the replacement around $500 for this.

But, for only about $100 each I could replace the ENTIRE front Lower Control Arm with all new bushings (the compliance bushing is the one towards the rear of the vehicle on the LCA. . .) myself. Bought the parts online with free shipping and installed them on a weekend. She hasn't had a problem with the front since that time.

I would imagine the same should be true for an Accord with compliance bushing problems. . .