Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   IMA & Malfunction indicator lamp (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/ima-malfunction-indicator-lamp-16960/)

Robinochs 01-31-2008 07:27 PM

IMA & Malfunction indicator lamp

I have a 2005 accord Hybrid with 38k miles. It's been a great car, avg mileage is 25 city / 30 hwy so while it wasn't as advertised it's still a very fuel efficient V6.
Anyway - Driving home from work today my IMA system light & malfunction indicator light both came on at the same time. Any idea what this means? I called the Honda dealership & they can't fit me in until Monday but I don't want to risk anything. Is it driveable? Is this something to be majorly concerned about?

Fred S 02-01-2008 01:17 PM

Re: IMA & Malfunction indicator lamp

Talk about a coincidence! I just got the same on wednesday. The ECO was disabled but the charge and assist was still operational. The dealer applied a software update that (should) fix the problem, picked it up today with no problems, time will tell if the light stays off.

Fred S 02-01-2008 01:21 PM

The code was "p0a7f" which is a "cold weather" code.

Robinochs 02-01-2008 05:48 PM

Yes, it was very cold the day it went off and it's exactly as you described. The ECO stopped worlking; everything else is fine

bar10dah 02-04-2008 12:30 PM

Robinochs: How'd the appointment today go?

I have an '05 with 43K miles. I've been in temps around freezing but haven't had any problems. It would be good to hear what the dealer had to say about your car (and Fred S) just incase I ever contract the same symptoms.

Fred S 02-27-2008 11:34 AM

According to the service writer, they updated the ECU. I haven't had the light come back on yet, so guess it is ok. Not sure if this is related, but I got 35 mpg on a 120mile highway stretch last week.

Robinochs 02-27-2008 05:13 PM

The IMA & malfuncion light actually went off before I had a chance to take it to Honda. I took it in anyway and they said all was OK.

I'm averaging 25 city / 29.5 Hwy