Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   Odometer Reads 2-4% High (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/odometer-reads-2-4-high-11523/)

bar10dah 12-20-2006 09:47 PM

Odometer Reads 2-4% High

Anyone else get the notice in the mail about the lawsuit a lady filed against Honda (and others) because the odometer in her Odyssey recorded between 2% and 4% higher than the actual mileage? So what does that mean? If we do our MPG calculations based on miles on the odometer divided by fuel poured into the tank, our HAH's MPG is actually about 2% to 4% lower?

Durango Dave 12-21-2006 10:53 AM

Re: Odometer Reads 2-4% High

I got one of those notices the other day. Did you see where the legal team is only being reimbursed something like $9.8 million dollars. :omg: How much do you want to bet that the lady who started the lawsuit just happens to be married to one of the lawyers on the legal team? :lightbulb These guys will sue anybody for anything if they can make money on it, and in the end consumers end up paying for this, not the corporations because they will just pass the cost along. :angry:

bar10dah 12-21-2006 11:03 AM

Yeah, I saw that. Rediculous. Like it really cost them $9.8M. Frivolous law suits really piss me off. Now, if they were to sue Honda (et al) they should make Honda responsible for fixing the problem. Replace everyone's odometer electronics! Have it read accurately! When law suits are filed, they should be made to fix the problems, not line someone's pockets.

Durango Dave 12-21-2006 04:22 PM

I wouldn't doubt that you could attribute a good portion of that 2-4% just on the various diameters of supposedly same size tires. Why not sue the tire manufacturer's too? :confused: