Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   quote from son (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/quote-son-4231/)

gonavy 10-20-2005 03:32 AM

quote from son

My 7 year old and I are driving down to the beach later today, while my wife and daughter are going down earlier with friends. 120miles, light traffic, flat :) I expect 43mpg.

His quote last night: "Dad, now we can have lots of fun and get your gas number really high, since Mommy won't be there complaining."

This was right after he scolded me for using the gas mower earlier instead of the cordless- he didn't want to hear about too-high grass or anything like that.

...hypermiler in training..

helterskelter683 10-20-2005 03:41 AM

Re: quote from son

That's hysterical. Well-trained in the art of FE at age 7 -you must be doing something right. :)

EricGo 10-20-2005 07:32 AM

GoNavy, I may have bad news for you ..

My 13 y/o daughter tapped the MFD the other day to see the tank MPG, which was at 67.4. She shook her head, and said "tut, tut".

I accused her of being an MPG snob, to which she replied "Who do you think I learned it all from ?"

Sigh

IMAhybrid 10-20-2005 11:50 AM

aw, how cute!

tigerhonaker 10-20-2005 05:12 PM

Hey everyone are these replies not just (Funny) or what?

I love em ;) these children are :angel: s

LOL

Terry

gonavy 10-24-2005 05:16 PM

So we got there at 43.9mpg over 116 miles. Foot got tired after 1 1/2 hours, so started to get a little erratic, and (gasp) let CC do its thing a few times.

Son: "but Dad, you promised you'd get 45!!" He then shamed me into ice cream.

Son on trip home (with wife, daughter, all luggage, and headwind): "Mom, you weigh too much. We did way better with just me and Dad." I only got 38 coming back.

FE conscious- yes. Female sensitivity conscious- no.

tigerhonaker 10-24-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by gonavy
So we got there at 43.9mpg over 116 miles. Foot got tired after 1 1/2 hours, so started to get a little erratic, and (gasp) let CC do its thing a few times.

Son: "but Dad, you promised you'd get 45!!" He then shamed me into ice cream.

Son on trip home (with wife, daughter, all luggage, and headwind): "Mom, you weigh too much. We did way better with just me and Dad." I only got 38 coming back.

FE conscious- yes. Female sensitivity conscious- no.

Just one thing comes to my mind reading this; :thumbs_up :angel: :boy:

Terry