ScanGuage on Honda Accord Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGuage on Honda Accord Hybrid

I want to restart this thread.
Did some of you try Scangauge II yet on your HAH?
Why do they say in their FAQ that it does not show accurate instant MPG for engines with variable displacement (like one in HAH)?
Does HAH run in lean burn mode at all?

Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is an answer from Linear Logic if someone interested:

We have not yet developed X-Gauge codes for Honda vehicles. When we do, we will post them on our website at http://scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf. As far as the MPG readings go, what does the ScanGaugeII show when your VCM in on? With some Hondas with VCM, the readings are just as accurate when VCM is engaged, but with others the ScanGaugeII reads that the vehicle is in fuel cutoff and will be very inaccurate. The issue is not accross the board and varies case-by-case. The ScanGaugeII displays 9999 MPG when operating in fuel cutoff, you can check to see if your unit is doing it.

Thank you,

Scott Ross
Linear Logic, LLC

Old 08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the fuel cut off setting changed to "0" on my 07 HAH. (default is 24)

I also found this necessary on a recent 2000 mile trip in a 2009 4 cylinder Accord. In both cars if left a 24 or any number other than zero my scangauge will eventually start doing the 99999 thing. Sometimes it takes a few hundred miles and at other times it is immediate.

It would be so nice if someone could reveal the codes to the HAH IMA battery conditions.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVDRVR2
I have the fuel cut off setting changed to "0" on my 07 HAH. (default is 24)

I also found this necessary on a recent 2000 mile trip in a 2009 4 cylinder Accord. In both cars if left a 24 or any number other than zero my scangauge will eventually start doing the 99999 thing. Sometimes it takes a few hundred miles and at other times it is immediate.

It would be so nice if someone could reveal the codes to the HAH IMA battery conditions.
Do you mean 9999 in average or instant MPG reading.
If it is instant then it should be normal in some conditions.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Instant.

Might be normal or expected but I find that I get some real inconsistencies when it occurs so on vehicles that do it I just find a setting that prevents it from happening. Scott at Linear was real helpful and was the one that suggested just putting it in zero.

I use the SGII in a lot of rentals. Nice to have the same instrument capability in nearly every car. Haven't driven a new car yet that is as informative a SG.

Mike

Old 08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do you see any wrong instant MPG reading when car runs on three cylinders?
Scott mentioned that instant MPG reading may be wrong on some cars with VCM system.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

My scangauge numbers and the Nav page mpg info numbers on the HAH seem to agree all the time. 3 cylinder ops are no problem.

Have driven a number of GM products with the cylinder management ability also and they have all worked just fine with the SG. So far I haven't found a car with the capability that has caused a issue but they may be out there.