What's more helpful to FE in city driving; Assist or Eco mode?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What's more helpful to FE in city driving; Assist or Eco mode?

gonavy,

I was just riding around at night because I had just gotten the car and wanted to test out highway mileage. The part of the 405 south I was driving connects the San Fernando Valley to L.A.'s "west side". So it passes through the mountain range and slopes up for about 6 miles and then slopes down for about 8 miles. Once I had crested the hill (lights on of course), the regen bars started coming on and about 2 miles later traffic had slowed to about 20 and I was driving with a big buffer and 2 miles later it had slowed to "stop and go". Right before the "stop and go" traffic, I had already maxed out the battery.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What's more helpful to FE in city driving; Assist or Eco mode?

ok thanks. Sounds like it was normal regen then, not due to lights. I'm pretty sure that the 'stealth regen' is just enough to replace the energy lost to the lights. Darn. It sort of makes sense- a tweak to the system from the HCH, which seems to regen a little more than what the lights require, and can actually increase the battery charge.