all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Nah, probably some little old lady in Podunk will get the first one and we'll never know!

D

Old 10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

I live in Miami, hopefully Hurricane Wilma won't come and mess everything up. I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mode but he did tell me on Monday that it had arrived to port in Califorina. Can't wait. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by dshelman
Nah, probably some little old lady in Podunk will get the first one and we'll never know!
Too Funny ! I bet your right though.

Does anyone on the list happen to know if all the Honda's come into a west coast port and then are loaded on trains and Auto carries for the last leg of the trip? I would guess they would, but being on the East Coast it makes me wonder if any are shipped (as on a boat) all the way to a East Coast port? I recall someone saying San Diego is a port of entry for many Hondas?

I drive through Wilmington Delaware from time to time and there is one car lot (never looked close enough to see what make or model cars) at the port and a rail line, so would guess some cars come direct to the east coast

Old 10-21-2005, 11:19 AM

For obvious reasons European cars are shipped to the east coast (often in New Jersey near New York City) and Japanese cars are shipped to the west coast. It would be idiotic doing it any other way.

I live in San Diego and if they already arrived here then I'm sure I would have heard from my dealer. Mine was built 9/28 so I assume it's the same shipment as the 9/22 car.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Well, I don't know about most dealers, but mine doesn't seem to know Jack "Daniels" about just about anything!! I've straightened her out on the HCH features, given her a heads-up on the pricing announcement, colors, all kinds of stuff.

She still hasn't been able to confirm/refute the delay that we've been discussing, but due to past issues, I don't expect her to know before me.

This message board has provided me with 95% of everything I know about that car.

Sad, huh?

06 HCH Mag Pearl/no navi - mfg date 9/28. On its way?
(I'm in So. Cal)

Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

CGame,

That's why I mentioned I'm in a "I'll believe it when I see it" mode although I have searched everywhere and have not found anything about the three week delays your dealer has told you. Has your dealer told you he received a VIN# for your car?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffey
VIN showed up on reports. One step closer to my new 06 HCH!
excuse my ignorance but whats the purpose of the vin? how can i track my o6 hch

Old 10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Originally Posted by lkewin
Does anyone on the list happen to know if all the Honda's come into a west coast port and then are loaded on trains and Auto carries for the last leg of the trip?
I believe that they all arrive in CA, then they hire a bunch of high school kids to drive them to the east coast as part of their driver's education.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by mochisushi
I believe that they all arrive in CA, then they hire a bunch of high school kids to drive them to the east coast as part of their driver's education
LOL ....Thanks mochisushi - Just what I wanted to hear!

I guess that explains why we won't see them till Novemeber - they are all in the collision shop getting fixed up !

Old 10-21-2005, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by bertsot
CGame,

That's why I mentioned I'm in a "I'll believe it when I see it" mode although I have searched everywhere and have not found anything about the three week delays your dealer has told you. Has your dealer told you he received a VIN# for your car?
Well evidently you have as I wasn't the one who mentioned a 3-week delay, but upon hearing about it I e-mailed my dealer and he told me it was a problem with Japan's port authority and the ship still had not left. So he confirmed the 3-week-delay rumors that had been circulating.

I haven't asked him about the VIN since it wasn't much of a concern, but I'll ask him now.

Quick Reply: all 2006 hch delayed til nov

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands