Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Auto Idle Stop Fix-Strange Computer Reset? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/auto-idle-stop-fix-strange-computer-reset-24498/)

zak650 05-30-2010 01:29 PM

Auto Idle Stop Fix-Strange Computer Reset?

We recently purchased a '04 Civic Hybrid automatic. The auto stop was working fine for the first few days after we bought the car. Then for no reason it quit working. To test the fuel mileage difference on a trip into town I shut off the engine at stoplights and restarted in neutral when they turned green. After several stops and restarts we went into a store and when we started on our way home the auto idle stop function magically has fixed itself. Can the manually turning the car off at lights several times have reset something?

Airflow was set to chest, fan was off, econ on but not lit because fan was off, AC was off, rear defrost was off, battery pack was replaced last year and is fully charged.

Zak

TonyK 05-31-2010 03:30 AM

Re: Auto Idle Stop Fix-Strange Computer Reset?

its a guess however MAYBE the charge was low in the battery pack and the priority was to charge the batteries up before getting back into the autostop mode.

rainandsun 06-09-2011 07:04 PM

this happened to me. my auto repair mechanic whom i trusted replaced my 02 sensor and exhaust manifold and the problem was solved. so i guess the problem in your civic is the exhaust or 02 sensor.

Mendel Leisk 06-18-2011 07:46 AM

On second gen if your shifter is in S (sport?) mode AutoStop is disabled. Might be similar on first gen: try driving in S to test how it behaves.

Gairwyn 06-18-2011 06:23 PM

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that 3 ignition off/on cycles will reset something...can't remember what, unfortunately.

aaron12 07-11-2011 04:22 AM

Sometimes the battery is not fully charged that cause auto shop became disable. I don't have any idea about this solution. Can anyone explain it properly??
Used motorcycles for sale

Bobs Metallic Pearl 07-27-2011 04:18 PM

3 on off cycles usually fixes the check fuel gauge indicator.