Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Check Fuel Cap Error Message (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/check-fuel-cap-error-message-9233/)

gepner 08-12-2006 05:29 PM

Check Fuel Cap Error Message

This message started popping up on the dash a few days ago. The dealer said to ignore it for a few days and it would clear out. I have checked the fuel cap and it is fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Could it be a faulty sensor? Thanks for any info.

Ivan Gepner
gepner@monmouth.edu

jaykay 08-12-2006 05:37 PM

Re: Check Fuel Cap Error Message

yes there are several threads about this. it resets every few days. make sure your cap is on tight

pingpongdave 08-13-2006 08:30 PM

I had the problem the first week I purchase my Hybrid but have not seen it since.(drove me Krazy the first couple of days cause the fuel cap was on correctly)
Like someone else said make sure and keep the cap on tight!( I believe the Manual say's after two good clicks)

GoodLuck!

mmrmnhrm 08-13-2006 08:48 PM

I've had this happen in mine twice now, and I really can't find any pattern to it other than to suspect that with so many people getting it, there's a sensor that's just too darned sensitive. Hopefully we'll get a swap out or firmware tweak at some point, otherwise, it'll be a Chicken Little we ignore when there really is something wrong.

gepner 08-14-2006 04:35 PM

Had the car in to the dealer today. They say they found a minor air leak in the fuel system and when they fixed this the car passed this test and the error message has gone away. Hope it stays away.

jonmatt4nr 08-15-2006 08:29 AM

This is a semi-frequent problem. Read through some of the other posts. It can take up to 40 ignition cycles (starting, driving until warmed up, turning off) for the message to go away. Honda is aware of the problem.