Does anyone use their climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone use their climate control?

On '06 and above there is only one Auto setting and it does everything. The only thing you can do while in Auto is to turn the compressor on/off. Try to modify anything else and it goes back to full manual (I think you can turn on/off the rear defroster and still be in auto mode too, but I haven't had to use that yet).

It is a little annoying, I like how it adjusts the air flow accordingly but to get it to do that you have to be in Auto which means you don't get to decide which vents it does that with. I tend to think the setting is too smart for its own good but then again I tried un-fogging the windshield manually and got nowhere while Auto took care of it in 30 seconds (car warmer inside than out so the condensation was on the inside).

Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone use their climate control?

Aha! Thanks, John, for straightening that out.