Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Terry,

The CVT is very smooth in transit. I haven't really tested it in a passing scheme yet (babying it for now). Even going up grades, it doesn't feel like it is changing over. I tried to fool it by letting off the gas and then giving it gas, but unlike most automatics, theres no crossover. It does feel a little funny after the auto stop function (a little bumpy), but I'm sure I'll get use to it shortly. Oh yea, power is not an issue. My 5 speed Passat had more torque and was quicker, but I got too many tickets in that car. After I get over the 600 mile breakin period, I'll be able to let you know about its power. I drive mostly freeways so it's very important to have enough power for merging and passing.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by socalscott
Terry,

The CVT is very smooth in transit. I haven't really tested it in a passing scheme yet (babying it for now). Even going up grades, it doesn't feel like it is changing over. I tried to fool it by letting off the gas and then giving it gas, but unlike most automatics, theres no crossover. It does feel a little funny after the auto stop function (a little bumpy), but I'm sure I'll get use to it shortly. Oh yea, power is not an issue. My 5 speed Passat had more torque and was quicker, but I got too many tickets in that car. After I get over the 600 mile breakin period, I'll be able to let you know about its power. I drive mostly freeways so it's very important to have enough power for merging and passing.
Hi Scott; thanks for the update on the CVT Trans. and I look forward to reading your further updates on your HCH as time goes on. I hope that you will not tire of posting here about your HCH as it is very interesting to the ones of us that do not have our 06's yet. I personally enjoy reading what the different people have to say about their cars.

Thanks Again;

Terry

Old 11-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

I recenly ordered my hybrid from a dealer in San Diego. I got a call today saying the car's in and will be delivered in 3 days. Woot! .

- Frank

Old 11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by ftlum
I recenly ordered my hybrid from a dealer in San Diego. I got a call today saying the car's in and will be delivered in 3 days. Woot! .

- Frank
Hi Frank and (Congrads) on the HCH you are going to pick up this coming week.

Don't forget us here at GreenHybrid that don't have our HCH's yet we enjoy reading about you "New-Owners" 1st impressions of the HCH and then your follow ups on FE and your other observations of the HCH like; noise level; sound system; climate control; power/performance; the improved CVT how do you like it?

Regards;

Terry

Old 11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

I'd predict that the dashboard picture blur is due to a handheld exposure with little light. We're all very interetsed in the instrument panel because there has been a substantial change in the displays even since the 2005 models....

Old 11-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Well there are tons of pictures of it all over the internet; it's the same in all 2006 Civics except the Si, though obviously the hybrid has slightly different instruments. Here, for example, are perfectly good pictures.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for collecting these images. I'd need a little time to get adjusted from the 2005 to the 2006 instruments to fine tune gas consumption.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:31 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Got a call from the salesman today. They are doing a trade with another dealer and they will get my car in the middle of December. They are holding it until after the first of the year as I requested. Now I know that I will have it on January 2nd. But I also need to make sure that everybody and their brother doesn't drive it before I buy it... It'll also take a lot of self control to wait a couple weeks. Just have to keep thinking of the $1500 difference between mid-December and January 2nd.

Does anybody know if a dealer can post-date the sale? I would have a signed contract and financing in place, but the sales date would have to be a couple weeks later. Doubt that will fly, but wondering if anybody has heard of that. Now THAT would be great! What a Christmas present!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
G.H. Contributor
Angry Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by mochisushi
Got a call from the salesman today. They are doing a trade with another dealer and they will get my car in the middle of December. They are holding it until after the first of the year as I requested. Now I know that I will have it on January 2nd. But I also need to make sure that everybody and their brother doesn't drive it before I buy it... It'll also take a lot of self control to wait a couple weeks. Just have to keep thinking of the $1500 difference between mid-December and January 2nd.

Does anybody know if a dealer can post-date the sale? I would have a signed contract and financing in place, but the sales date would have to be a couple weeks later. Doubt that will fly, but wondering if anybody has heard of that. Now THAT would be great! What a Christmas present!
Hello; Man I (Hate) to be the bearer of (Bad-News) but that just "Ain't" Gonna-Happen.

I work in the Adm: office of a dealership and believe me, when you take possession of that 06 HCH it is at that time turned in as a sell to all parties concerned. Honda, Cnty, City, State, Federal Etc. as a sell and the date it took place.

Reasons; other than the Legal ones, the dealer wants credit for the sell with Honda and end of the yr. thing for quotas/goals/awards Etc. and the sells rep. wants his Commission, Etc. Business Office has to get the paper work done and turned into the State,Cnty. Title/license Plate Transfer, and the List goes on.

If thats not enough Red-Tape, then you have the Insurance Coverage Situation, who is covering the vehicle while you are driving the vehicle for those Weeks while (It's-Still-Not-Technically-Yours) ??

Complicated Isn't It?

Sorry

Terry

BTW; I'm in (Your) same situation/Jan. 1st

Old 11-15-2005, 06:40 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Terry,

Thanks for the response. I was 99.9% sure that it wouldn't fly...But you never know. Well, at least I am getting it on the first sales day of the year and not "sometime" in January.

Since you work in a Dealership, is there a way to ensure that the car isn't drived by anybody? I have purchased several cars from this dealership and they have always been great. But I also haven't had "my" car sit around for a couple weeks.

Thanks again for your insight.

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands