Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

OK, just one more piece of misinformation my dealer provided.. .. Geez, if I hadn't already contracted for the car, I'd move on to another dealer.

Oh, well -- the survey will see my revenge completed! They just hate bad survey results -- I think it hurts their bonus.

Don

Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by dshelman
OK, just one more piece of misinformation my dealer provided.. .. Geez, if I hadn't already contracted for the car, I'd move on to another dealer.

Oh, well -- the survey will see my revenge completed! They just hate bad survey results -- I think it hurts their bonus.

Don
Yes, when you know more than the dealer about the vehicle or the delivery situation it's pretty easy to reveal whether they're honest. But all this hardly matters. The main question is whether he delivers the goods as advertised - for the agreed price, without any last minute gimmicks. If he does that I don't care too much if he pretends to know things he doesn't by making up answers. Salesmen who can say "I don't know" are a rare breed.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

woohoo . just found out my opal blue nav hit san diego port today. i hope honda has their ipod adapter ready by next week.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Those of you champing at the bit to take delivery... please take a look at the 'Warranties' booklet that comes with the car (ask to see it before signing if you like; you're entitled to).

I'm interested to find out if Honda has decreased their 80K warranty on the Hybrid components from "just about the entire IMA system" to "just the battery".

If it is now indeed "just the battery", as I've seen alluded to on Honda's site...I'm going to give some pause before purchasing my own HCH.

MCM / IPU aren't cheap. Just ask early Insight owners.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

They can't, depending on the state you are in. California, New York, and many others have extensive warranties (15 years/150k miles) on almost all components except the battery which is 8 years/150k. This is mandated by state/federal laws.......

Don

Old 11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

Got a call from my dealer today. Delivery date, 11/17, but all deliveries are running a few days early. Humm, 11/17? That's next week!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dshelman
They can't, depending on the state you are in. California, New York, and many others have extensive warranties (15 years/150k miles) on almost all components except the battery which is 8 years/150k. This is mandated by state/federal laws.......

Don
Not 8 years, 10.

I bought my 2004 HCH CVT AT-PZEV in California.
I'm looking at the warranty now. (Issued 9/3/03)

It says: "The IMA Bettery Assy is warranted for 10 year sor 150,000 miles, whichever comes first."

Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

You are correct. Thanks!

Don

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Reynolds
(ask to see it before signing if you like; you're entitled to).
What? They cannot even show me an '06 car and I am going to ask to see a Warrenty Book ?

Originally Posted by Reynolds
I'm interested to find out if Honda has decreased their 80K warranty on the Hybrid components from "just about the entire IMA system" to "just the battery". If it is now indeed "just the battery", as I've seen alluded to on Honda's site...
Originally Posted by HondaWebSite
The Civic Hybrid comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty, just like every other Honda. Its battery pack comes with an 8-year/80,000-mile warranty,* and all emissions-related equipment comes with a more extensive warranty. See your dealer for details.

*Limited battery pack warranty may vary.

It appears the HondaCare Extended Warrenty covers nearly all the "hybrid" components, so in non CA emissions compliant states, like mine, I will probibly get the extended warrenty, so will be close to the same coverage

Old 11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkewin
What? They cannot even show me an '06 car and I am going to ask to see a Warrenty Book ?
I meant after the car arrives. The booklet will be the definitive source; it is what will govern, since it was delivered with the car (barring any acknowledged misprints by the vendor).

Originally Posted by lkewin
It appears the HondaCare Extended Warrenty covers nearly all the "hybrid" components, so in non CA emissions compliant states, like mine, I will probibly get the extended warrenty, so will be close to the same coverage
This would cover your car where the manufacturer's warranty was decreased - but at additional cost to you (unless you negotiated it for 'free' from the dealer). Unless you're getting the Navi, I don't know if HondaCare would be worth it (with an 8/80 warranty on the IMA system / battery).

And for those who are saying..."but it's 10/150 (or 15/150)"... yes - IF you live in or adjacent to one of the 'clean states'. If you don't - then the regular IMA warranty applies.

Finally, Honda is increasing their base warranty to 4/50K on the powertrain for 2006 vehicles. I wonder if the IMA is included in that, and that's why they've decreased the warranty (assuming that they have).

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands