Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   First post, and glad to have a hybrid today (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/first-post-glad-have-hybrid-today-3799/)

Method 09-23-2005 01:11 PM

First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Hey all,

This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for quite awhile. I just wanted to mention that I went to get gas at lunch today here in Austin, TX and every gas station around me is sold out of gas. I have about six bars left, which should last me quite awhile, so today is a great day to be driving a hybrid.

bigbearballs 09-23-2005 02:02 PM

Re: First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Today??? Everyday is a great day! The gas station by my place in Austin is sold out too. Weird.

CGameProgrammer 09-23-2005 02:16 PM

It's hardly weird... you are aware of Hurricane Rita and the mass evacuation of Houston, aren't you?

tigerhonaker 09-23-2005 06:34 PM

Is this a correct saying these days? ;)

"HYBRIDS-ARE-IN"

Terry

bigbearballs 09-24-2005 08:03 AM

It's weird that people are freaking out about rita in AUSTIN. The stores here all sold out of water and gas stations are running out of gas. We're not even going to see a drop of rain. I realize there are some displaced Houston residents in Austin, but not many where I live. Those people are already heading back.

tigerhonaker 09-24-2005 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
It's weird that people are freaking out about rita in AUSTIN. The stores here all sold out of water and gas stations are running out of gas. We're not even going to see a drop of rain. I realize there are some displaced Houston residents in Austin, but not many where I live. Those people are already heading back.

I'm glad for everyone that it turned out not to be a complete disaster as predicted. :)

Terry

zimbop 09-24-2005 07:45 PM

Isn't your normal supply chain interrupted by all the weather and evacuations? It seems like your shortages are to be expected when half your state is swamped with either bad weather, horrible traffic, or both. Plus that's the half that's producing and storing your gas. Seems logical to me, though I think the news plays it up a bit, and people do tend to freak out more than they should.