Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Harman-Kardon Ipod interface (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/harman-kardon-ipod-interface-4663/)

clayk 11-20-2005 05:17 PM

Harman-Kardon Ipod interface

I just had the Harman-Kardon Drive+Play iPod adapter installed in my 05HCH. I put the LCD on the dash to the left of the steering wheel next to the pillar, and the jog wheel below the center armrest. This setup is just terrific. You cab easily see the menus without taking your eyes off of the road. The jog wheel is very similar to the ipod controls. It is very intuitive and easy to use. far safer than fumbling with the ipod while driving and much better interface than the built in iPod support my aftermarket headunit (Kenwood).

Anyone thinking about adding iPod connectivity to their car should at least take a look.

Clay

IndyDoug 11-20-2005 05:56 PM

Re: Harman-Kardon Ipod interface

This is on my wishlist. Anyone know how the FM transmitter sounds?

Civic Duty 11-20-2005 08:07 PM

I tried using a seperate FM transmitter for my iPod, and I just put my iPod in the cupholder. However, the sound quality wasn't all that great. Is this solution FM-transmitter based, or is there some way to wire it into the audio system?

clayk 11-21-2005 06:26 AM

The Drive+play can be used wire directly into the head unit, or FM modulation. I believe (but not positive) that you can get an adapter that lets you plug it directly into the cd changer port. I was told this by the stereo shop and they actually showed me the adapter hanging on a rack, but I do not remeber the name. I believe it has been mentioned on this board before.

You also have the option of the "direct wired" FM modulation. This is where you take a splitter that puts the unit in-line with your antenna. I did this with an XM radio on another car and it had much higher quality than using FM the traditional way