Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Has any one noticed the temperature gauge on the HCH. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/has-any-one-noticed-temperature-gauge-hch-4714/)

HCH03 11-24-2005 12:40 PM

Has any one noticed the temperature gauge on the HCH.

When I first start my HCH 03, my temperature gauge always reads two bars on it no matter how cold or hot it is outside. I have taken the car to the dealer for regular maintenance and asked to have this looked at, they ran a system check on the gauge cluster and found everything in working order. I find this odd that my temperature gauge always has two bar on it, whether is 0 degrees or 95 degrees outside, and having the car off for more than 8 hours. :confused:

Double-Trinity 11-24-2005 12:41 PM

Re: Has any one noticed the temperature gauge on the HCH.

I have an '03 and have noticed the exact same thing, though I figured it was because I live in Southern California where it's almost always in the 60s or higher.

tbaleno 11-24-2005 01:16 PM

is it zero with the engine off and the key turned to the on postion?

I'll check mine tomorrow before I get in and start it up. I suspect its not a big deal. I also suspect as soon as you start your engine your going to be heating it up a little just from the first few combustions. And by few I mean 20 a second

Tazman 01-08-2006 11:36 PM

I get the same thing in my 04 HCH. I just bought it and have had it for a week. I am in Colorado and the temps have been in the 50's and 60's during the day and 20's at night.

bluesesshomaru17 01-09-2006 01:47 AM

Now that you mention it ... I do believe so. I don't really look at the guage right away, but even the first stop sign less than 100 yards from leaving the driveway, I have noticed it then, and it has been a little cold out. I own a 05 btw. So it seems to be consistant for all HCH I's so far. Interesting.

biotech_chris 01-09-2006 06:46 AM

Count me in. Everytime I start, two bars. One nice thing about Southern California is the weather almost always allows me to Auto-Stop about two blocks from my house. (Come to think of it, the weather is the only redeeming thing about California. But that's a whole other forum.):P