Honda Civic Insurance Rates Sky High

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Civic Insurance Rates Sky High

07 HCHII in Upstate NY with State Farm is $293 for 6 month. I do have house and other vehicles on the same policy.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had recently read a mag article (wish could remember which) about higher rates for hybrids...
It went on to explain, using the Prius for example, that rates were rising because: they get high fuel economy, and because of that owners are driving more. And when they drive more, they cover more miles (duh) than your average driver. And when they drive more, the odds of getting into an accident increases. There were stats of incidents, getting speeding tickets, etc. So the insurance companies decided that hybrids are more risky and therefore more expensive to insure

Old 09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

$248.5 for six months with GEICO for 2007 HCHII with collision in Chicago (not just liability). Was quite surprised as last time to renew it was ~$335.

$500 deductible. Can shave a few more bucks off for a $1k deductible but not worth it to me.