How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

I am now. My 06HCH MP Navi came in last week. Given the 2006 tax deduction and the fact that I'm going overseas this weekend for three weeks, I decided to take delivery in January. There's only one caveat, the dealer can't guarantee me a color preference since I'm getting the first navi delivery in January. The color didn't matter to me anyway.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

I've got my Magnetic Pearl with Navi on order. It probably won't come in until January anyway but they agreed to hold it until January 2nd 2006 in any case. I'm not about to pass up free money.

Has anyone else noticed that the Navi models are harder to find? I found several without Navi just sitting on the lot ready for immediate delivery.

- Jonathan

Old 12-16-2005, 08:22 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Thanks for adding your name to the list here. It is getting larger by the day.

Your right the Nav. HCH ll's are harder to locate and will be more so as time goes by I think in my opinion.

Terry

Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm getting mine in March/April.
Probably magnetic without NAV.

Life is good.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just ordered mine two minutes ago for pick-up on January 2nd. Galaxy Grey wo/Navi. My current car informed me yesterday that it was time (some electrical glitch that keeps shorting out the car). I wasn't 100% sold on the hybrid, so I test-drove an LX just to make sure. While it was a very nice car, I didn't feel like the power difference was that noticable from the hybrid, and there was something about the 5-sp auto that didn't sit well with me.

I've never purchased a new car before - never believed in spending that much on a depreciating asset. Since the wife and I are trying to fill the back seat with kids, I want something reliable, so I've taken the plunge. I went with Gillman Honda in Rosenberg (TX), who was very up-front with me and always has been. They were the only dealership in Houston who offered me a good deal on a 2005 HCH almost a year ago when I was initially considering (don't confuse with Gillman Houston, which I've heard questionable things about). Part of me is absolutely thrilled about this purchase, while the other part of me is mentally in a corner rocking back and forth and sucking my thumb wondering what the heck I just did. I did the right thing, right?

This is going to be a nice way to start off the new year :-)

Old 12-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guvmint_cheese
I just ordered mine two minutes ago for pick-up on January 2nd. Galaxy Grey wo/Navi. ..... Part of me is absolutely thrilled about this purchase, while the other part of me is mentally in a corner rocking back and forth and sucking my thumb wondering what the heck I just did. I did the right thing, right?

This is going to be a nice way to start off the new year :-)
If you need a new car, I don't think there's any better choice.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
If you need a new car, I don't think there's any better choice.
Yeah, I know. I've been following this thing since the first sketches came out. I'm overall pretty stoked about the whole thing, heh heh heh.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast

Is Gillman Honda in Rosenburg dealing on the 06 HCH? I have found very little negotiating space. David Mc David in Houston is doing $300 under MSRP while Clear Lake Honda is doing MSRP but with free oil changes for the life of the car.

It's tough to make a purchasing decision and then have to think about it for weeks before closing the deal. Then you get buyer's remorse before actually buying it.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast

We should have our Magnetic Pearl w/ Navi in early/mid January 06. (Needed to wait because we bought a Prius this past July and can only have one Tax credit/deduction per year per tax return) .

Old 12-17-2005, 09:32 PM
It's not easy being Green

Yup, waiting on a Silver one till January. Deal is at invoice + $1000, so it's $21,517 + title/license (no sales tax in Oregon!). I'm still smiling about it.

MG

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands