How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

I bought a car for delivery on the 1st, in mag pearl with Navi. However, the dealer never ran my card I supplied over the telephone, and the employee left for vacation until Jan 3rd the next day (Christmas eve). When I finally got a hold of somebody, it turned out they had no car for that date sold to me. Now I've been shunted off as a problem customer, the dealer cagey on what car and what delivery date. He quoted Jan 17th to Feb 1st as a delivery.

Now I'm stuck wondering whether the dealer is going to be real about this second car. Dealer is supposed to give me offer in email today, but haven't had anything yet. At this point, any other dealer can't deliver until March to April!

--Brad Smith

Old 12-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

Well tomorrow is the day we pick up our new baby (January 1st). We checked with the dealer and it is already to go, and we we also make sure that all the dates on the contract state Jan 1, just in case the IRS comes a knockin' ! Speaking of babies, also found out recently that I will get another tax deduction in 2006!!! I hope a baby seat fits well in the HCH!

Old 12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I will be going to the dealership on Monday to take a test drive and put a deposit down on a Silver Nav that is scheduled to be delivered in February. MSRP and $368 doc fee Not much you can do when they are only getting one or two a month and there is a $2K tax credit.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Daniel,
You are very patient. I was able to get $900.00 knocked off the MSRP and accessories list. They wer talking around 5% interest. I only have one dealer within 60 miiles, but so far they've been reasonable. Do you have any other dealers near you? The 9.9% interest adds up, plus they're really gouging (in my opinion) on the accessories. I'd look around a little in your area. From reading the threads on this site, and what my dealer said - they can usually trade with another dealer to get you the car you want. Best of luck! I'm hping to get my Opal Silver Bue Metallic within 2 weeks. They have the vin # & accessories in that I ordered.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by harperbrad
I bought a car for delivery on the 1st, in mag pearl with Navi. However, the dealer never ran my card I supplied over the telephone, and the employee left for vacation until Jan 3rd the next day (Christmas eve). When I finally got a hold of somebody, it turned out they had no car for that date sold to me. Now I've been shunted off as a problem customer, the dealer cagey on what car and what delivery date. He quoted Jan 17th to Feb 1st as a delivery.

Now I'm stuck wondering whether the dealer is going to be real about this second car. Dealer is supposed to give me offer in email today, but haven't had anything yet. At this point, any other dealer can't deliver until March to April!

--Brad Smith
Hey Brad; Sorry to here about your experience with your Dealer. If you would like to read about what took place with me at a dealer that I had purchased many-many Hondas from, click on this link below.

"Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH)

I hope that you will Hang in there and try not to get to Discouraged with the Process because it can get real-old real-quick, but the HCH ll is worth the wait in the long run I think so take a Deep-Breath and stay Focused and Head-Strong on what you want and wait it out.

I'm still waiting myself and it looks like to me that I may not have mine until Feb. and I orginally started this purchase with the 1st Dealer back in Oct. 05 so I do know the Feeling.

Regards;

Terry

BTW; Brad Read this last Paragraph "Close". This is from the above (Link)

So, sad as it is for me to type this post I think it will be a guide to others to not take the pricing of this new 06 HCH for granted or a verbal/handshake deal, you better have it in writing and use this post as an example as to how dealers treat their old customers when it comes right down to (Profit). Friendship is out the door and Profit is in. As they say, "Buyer-Beware"

Old 12-31-2005, 03:51 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by love2scuba
Well tomorrow is the day we pick up our new baby (January 1st). We checked with the dealer and it is already to go, and we we also make sure that all the dates on the contract state Jan 1, just in case the IRS comes a knockin' ! Speaking of babies, also found out recently that I will get another tax deduction in 2006!!! I hope a baby seat fits well in the HCH!
Hey Brian; I was just reading your Post and did I pick up on a Subtle comment from you? Like is there going to be a New Addition to the Family, and I don't mean the HCH ll that you are getting like real soon.

Well anyway Congrats on the HCH ll and I think maybe a 2nd Congrats now or in the near future on the (Baby-Seat) thing.

Take-Care and enjoy "Both"

Terry

Old 12-31-2005, 03:57 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by AZMerf
I will be going to the dealership on Monday to take a test drive and put a deposit down on a Silver Nav that is scheduled to be delivered in February. MSRP and $368 doc fee Not much you can do when they are only getting one or two a month and there is a $2K tax credit.
Hi AZMerf; well looks like another HCH ll is going to be on its way very soon, like say Feb.

Hopefully me too in Feb.; Fingers crossed. Say mine is the Alabaster Silver Metallic. Great minds think alike, Huh?

Terry

Old 12-31-2005, 09:19 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Expectant '06 HCH Buyers,

Best of luck with your new cars. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Old 01-01-2006, 02:54 PM
G.H. Contributor

Everyone;

It looks like this (Thread) is going to come to a close very quickly now that we are in the "NEW YEAR" of 2006.

I think it was a really great Thread and all of us here at Greenhybrid enjoyed reading and Posting on it.

Time marches on and now Members will and in some cases have already started taking Delivery of their 2006 HCH ll's for this New Year.

Terry

BTW: Great while it lasted and Fun to Read.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Its not over until everyone has their car

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands