How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

"Price includes all destination and handling fees." and accessories. All I can suggest at this time is to shop around. I emailed a ton of dealerships and called around all day. You may be able to find a better deal the me. Tell them the features you want, and some will spit out a quote in a few hours.
As far as the features, why not. If I can get a good price on options then why not pay for them. I bet I can even get the options for cheaper. I think I can get them down $500 more.

Last edited by SixxOne; 05-03-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Cool. I think the interior lighting option is a good one for pimps with purple wide brimmed hats myself

Just havin a little fun. I find options to be unnecessary and of little value but the topic of options is truely a "to each their own" discussion.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

That is why they are options, any you are not required to pay for them. In addition, I think some Volk Mecury Silver TE37s are going to look very nice on it as well. At 15 lbs each, that should take some weight off, and add some more MPG.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast

I just picked up my Galaxy Gray Civic Hybrid on Friday for MSRP even. Most dealers in the SF Bay area are putting 2k or 3k on top of MSRP. I was going to skip it if that was the case. I understand the economics of supply and demand (real or imagined ) but I don;t have to participate in it.

Anyway, I used the internet to blanket the local dealers with my request and the provision of no mark up. One called me to say for a $300 refundable deposit I could have one that is being built June 10 with an ETA of late June.early July. I said O.K.

A day later a dealer about 70 miles away (Modesto) called me and had the Galaxy Gray (which is what I wanted) and would let me have it at MSRP. So that's what I did. The first dealership happily refunded my deposit and gave the place in line ot the next guy/gal.

So far I love it. Can't wait to have enough miles under my belt to add to the database. Out of the box with "yet to be refined" driving habits I am getting 42.6 mpg.

Dan

Old 05-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought a 2006 without Nav tonight. I paid 20,800.00 plus a $550.00 destination fee. When I called the dealership and they said they had the car I jumped on it.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

that is a great deal. what color was it and which part of the US do you live in?

Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traderfjp
I just bought a 2006 without Nav tonight. I paid 20,800.00 plus a $550.00 destination fee. When I called the dealership and they said they had the car I jumped on it.
Congrats!....and welcome to the family. Since I've had mine since Friday, you're now the rookie.

Dan

Old 05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast

I have been trying to find a good dealer in FL. I went to courtesty honda in sanford but they said that they would not do any dealing at all on the price. Any suggestions?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I suppose that's the key, you jumped on it. There aren't enough good deals like that around me and those that are require a 3 hours drive. Because they sell as soon as they arrive, 3 hours to too much time.

My situation (currently) is more complex in that I like the predictability that it will arrive on June 1st. I need to sell my truck and do other things. I won't be impulse. But if I get those things squared away I very well could be in a position to pick one up on a moments notice but if I sell the truck first then I can' t drive 3 hours to pick up the new car. The truck money will be used as a down payment (($14k)) the rest is my savings account.

I'd rather wait but I'm feeling very impatient in doing so.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dgkenney
I just picked up my Galaxy Gray Civic Hybrid on Friday for MSRP even. Most dealers in the SF Bay area are putting 2k or 3k on top of MSRP. I was going to skip it if that was the case. I understand the economics of supply and demand (real or imagined ) but I don;t have to participate in it.
Yeah, that's the key. "demand" implies that you both have the money and the willingness to use it to purchase the good. The reason for the markup is because people are willing to outpay the next to have the car.

I spoke with multiple dealers over the past week and two of which stated that once the single occupant carpool stickers are gone that they are expecting demand to decrease dramatically. As I understand it, there wasn't this kind of demand until the stickers were enacted. I was advised by both dealers to wait until July when that happens and I might be able to actually negotiate a price at that point.

My reasons have nothing to do with that. I was about to buy a truck and the hybrid is something like $3k cheaper plus I will save $3,400 /year in gas @ $3.45 /gal (current price where I live) and I get a tax credit. I'm okay to pay sticker (though I think it is a bit high but it is for a better technology than the norm) but I am not willing to negate my savings with the markup greed of the dealer.

I might be impatient but I'm not dumb; I have established my limits (rather my wife has established them) and I will confine myself to it. Of course, I'm not implying others were dumb for paying the markup, just that it would be dumb for me to do so based on my own situation.

Thanks,
Shawn

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands