How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

well, looking at ebay there is a new white hybrid with navi that they are selling at $22,829. it is located in GA and it is a inbound unit. that is a good deal if somebody was looking to get a white one. i would get this, but too bad i got a non navi mp hybrid. it is a good deal though. it is the price you pay since it is a ebay auction and no surpirses when you get there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

I’ve noticed that there’s not a lot of consistency in the information that’s given here, so it’s kind of hard to make accurate price comparisons. So, being the detail oriented person that I am and having a bit too much free time, I’ve thrown together a little template taken directly from the actual “Buyer’s Order” form. That’s my actual sales info in the form. I would have gone ahead and made up an Excel form, but I don’t have THAT MUCH free time. Feel free to use this when posting your price info.

Buyer’s Order Details
1. Retail Price: $23,650 (Magnetic Pearl w/Nav)<

2. Additional Equipment:

Options: $0 (free XM installed)

Freight: $550

App Pkg: $595 (splash guards, floor mats, chrome muffler tip, wheel locks)

Total Additional Equipment: $1145

3. Other Items: $0

4. Total Price of Vehicle & Equipment: $24,795

5. Net Trade Amount: $100

6. Unpaid Balance After Trade: $24,695

7. Cash Down Payment: $0

8. Sub Total: $24,695

9. Accessory Purchase: $0

Buyer’s Order Summary

A. Selling Price of Vehicle and Equipment (Lines 4 & 9): $24,795
B. Government Charges:
  • Titling Tax/Registration Fee: $12
  • Dealer Business License Tax: $42.47
  • Sales & Use Tax: $790.99

C. Other Charges:
  • License Fee: $31.50
  • Dealer Processing Fee: $289
Total Charges (B+C): $1165.96

D. Balance (A+B+C): 25,960.96

E. Net Trade Amount (#5): $100

F. Balance due After Trade: $25,860.96

G. Total Down Payment: $0

H. Unpaid Balance (w/Warranty): $27,399.83

I. HondaCare 8yr/100k/$0 Ded Warranty: $1538.87 (I know they got me here , but I figure the free XM install that could have been up to $900 evens things up a bit)

NOTE: I had ZERO wait time, paid cash and drove it home the next day.

Last edited by DarkHorse2160; 05-23-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

My 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid is on order for delivery in mid-June from a dealer in Northern Rhode Island. I paid a base of 22K, plus tax, title, and dealer fees, for a total of $23,195. No navi or any of the other special dealies except what comes standard. I didn't have to do much bargaining to get there either...

Last edited by willdorr; 05-23-2006 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DarkHorse2160

I. HondaCare 8yr/100k/$0 Ded Warranty: $1538.87 (I know they got me here , but I figure the free XM install that could have been up to $900 evens things up a bit)
If you think you got taken, you have every right to cash in your HondaCare policy. I don't know how long you've had it, but I believe you can get a full refund for some period of time, and beyond that, you get a prorated amount back. You can then shop around for a better policy, or just do without.... especially if you're located in CA, NY, MA, CT, VT or ME.... where the warranty is so good there's no need for this policy!

As nice as they were for giving you the XM, you don't really owe them anything. It's just business!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Oh... now I see you're from VA. Sorry! The warranty is still not really a good deal, assuming you take good care of your car (timely maintenance).

Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
If you think you got taken, you have every right to cash in your HondaCare policy. I don't know how long you've had it, but I believe you can get a full refund for some period of time, and beyond that, you get a prorated amount back. You can then shop around for a better policy, or just do without.... especially if you're located in CA, NY, MA, CT, VT or ME.... where the warranty is so good there's no need for this policy!

As nice as they were for giving you the XM, you don't really owe them anything. It's just business!
I've seen the exact "authentic HondaCare" plan that I bought, listed at anywhere from $900 up to $1800 at various sites on the net, but I don't know whether I'd trust any of them. Most the ones I saw were actually sold out of what appeared to be Honda dealerships in other states. I can't see how Honda Corporate lets this happen. I know they do not administer the warranty program, but you'd think they'd have a vital interest in ensuring that it was run properly. Why are there such HUGE price differences for the "same" plan? What should it cost? Who's pocketing the difference?

For me, I'll trust what I've already got in writing and know is authentic. Call me a sucker, but I can deal with that AND I'm still happy with the car!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Oh... now I see you're from VA. Sorry! The warranty is still not really a good deal, assuming you take good care of your car (timely maintenance).
I do keep up with all my vehicle maintenance, but I'm a bit wary of all the whiz-bang hybrid technology and would rather err on the side of caution regarding future maintenance needs.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

What really matters is how much you paid including destination and the options that were added. doc fees, taxes, and such differ from state to state. so the out the door price doesn't mean much unless we live in the same area.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 PM

I had a trade-in, so that makes the pricing a bit more complicated. John Elway Honda gave me a very good quote for my trade-in ($12,000). This was much more than what I expected based upon Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds appraisals. Fisher Honda (Boulder) offered me only $10,000 and would only sell me the HCHII at MSRP. They did not budge on either of these. I originally wanted non Navi, but my impatience made me change my mind. I was waiting for a Galaxy Gray but it would have taken a few months. My trade-in quote was about to expire when I went on the lot and saw a Silver w/ Navi that still had all the plastic on it. It was the only available HCHII there. They said they could take $500 off of MSRP and I quickly convinced myself that the Silver w/ Navi and blue interior was my favorite. I am now really happy that I got the Navi. Bottom line: $24,200(MSRP) - $500(discount) + $399(dealer fee) - $12,000(trade-in). Also, there is a Colorado state tax credit of $2,531 on top of the federal credit of $2,100. This makes the hybrid w/ navi significantly cheaper than the EX w/ navi.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:17 PM

Here in So. California, the idea of a dealer with ANY HCHII in stock is shocking... as is a discount of $500 off MSRP. Be thankful you live in Colorado! I bought the identical vehicle for MSRP... sight unseen with a two month wait... not even a test drive, nor a look at a non-hybrid civic in silver (my dealer sells 'em as fast as he gets 'em!). I had to rely on photos from Honda's site and the better shots from helpful folks here at GreenHybrid to satisfy my curiosity for the two month wait.

At least I got the better CA warranty, HOV lane use, and... oh yeah... it doesn't snow here. Okay... maybe, we're even now!

Enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands