How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
i feel stupid for saying this but in the bay area, i had to pay $2000 over msrp and they wouldn't budge. they did throw in the paint protection kit thing (plastic guards over the edges of the doors and wheel wells) worth $250 and a free month of insurance worth $350. however, i did get to drive the exact car i wanted right off the lot.

I purchased a new NAVI at Berkeley Honda for MSRP - 23.9K, in February. no trade in, no extra fees. You just have to deal on a car in stock (not easy but shipments do come in and while many are presold not all are or are backed out of). Bring your checkbook and be ready to walk. As much bravado as dealers display if you have a check and are walking out the door they tend to wilt like cooked spinach.

Last edited by Cityscapex5; 04-01-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast

$18,300 for 2005 MT in august '05. came with an extra set of 16 spoke wheels (mounted, i still have the originals for winter use), security system, and extended warranty. brand new with 24 miles. best part was when regular fuel jumped to over $3/gallon two weeks later when the hurricanes hit. that's when i really appreciated those 49 mpg!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

$21,384 ($22,798 after Tax, title, tags) for a new 06 non-Navi - Suburban Philly PA

Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

I paid 26658 for drive away price.My car has a NAV and the dealer installed Leather.23900+1190(leather) and the rest for tax,title,license.I bought this car in Boston,MA

Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I thought I'd spell out my experience and leave recommendations for folks;

1. I paid the old MSRP of 21850 + 200 for "non-optional" theftguard and appearance protection warranty.

2. Besides TTL, there are line items for "Dealer's Inventory Tax" 65.68, documentation fee 50 dollars, state inspection 21.75, and deputy fee 5 dollars.

3. They also offerred there non-Honda Care extended warranty for seven years for 1695. ( I appreciated the information but politely declined )

4. The only smart thing I did was put 5000 on a credit card that pays 1% back, or 50 dollars. They wouldnt let me put more than this on a credit card. I was OK with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dealer/salesperson had an easy time with me but the tactics were really old hat; the bottom line is that I wanted the car, the color, and the lower MSRP ( 300 dollars lower than the Honda website says will be on all vehicles made from about 3/16/06 onward) and also wanted to move from 19 miles a gallon on my now sold Volvo to 40-50 MPG on the Honda, giving me 25-35 bucks more a week.. In addition, the manager actually did me a favor by helping making that particular color available to me as soon as the car was brought in on the truck the same day I spoke to him, which I assure you, he didnt need to do-- a longer story) .

Here are the typical tactics; long waits for salesperson to finnish the business at hand. Waiting tends to make people not look at details, like Dealers inventory taxes and the like. I knew that. Thats why I bring something to read and I like checking out other vehicles anyway.

Non optional options.---- Total BS as we all know. I did have some fun though. I asked the salesperson if he could see my 9 year old Volvo out the window and see that it had its original luster and was he saying that Honda uses inferior paint and fabric relative to my Volvo that needed no such protections? OF course there is no real answer. " Well theres the interior protection." I didnt get into the cost of a bottle of scotch guard and 15 minutes of an undocumented workers hourly wage.

The other option was this window etching. Please. Do we even have to discuss the silliness here?

The total is 794. Ya right. Then it was, well our cost is 200, I'll give it to you at cost. I asked him to explain the cost which got into some extremely wimpy vague non-answers. Amusing.

Nothing unexpected here but they got only three or four in on the truck in 2 months : I watched one truck pull up myself that morning with two presolds on it ( I tried to get that Magnetic Pearl but no way ), and got the call on my Opal Blue later that afternoon. BY the paper signing the next day all Hybrids gone.

You have to be prepared to walk is right for most instances of available cars and will be when they start making them in the US in greater volume, but that fact is I really did want that color and that car then and there, especially with the now old lower MSRP and assembled in Japan label.

So I paid full MSRP and 200 bucks for "options." ( which came with Warranty papers ), and got 50 bucks back for the credit card thing, so all in all MSRP + 150.

My recommendation if you can wait or are purchasing later is to use a car buying service like Costco, Sams, AAA, or carsdirect.com. You can get lower than MSRP and walk in and sign and leave to. You just may have to wait awhile though. DEaler Invoice pricing is available on line if you look for it BTW.

Finally, although off topic, I REALLY love driving this car. It is wonderful so far. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Good Luck to all.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:30 AM

I bought mine at Tempe Honda in AZ.

I paid:
$22,700 for the car, $190 for window tint, $299 doc fees, $929 TTL and that was it. The total was $24,118.00 out the door.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Paid $13800 for 2003 with 40,000 miles and transferred over the warranty. I bought it late last year and have loved it ever since! I bought used because didn't want to pay over $22k for a car. I think when we get this one paid off we will buy another used one with lower mileage on it.

Alan

Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 AM

I paid $23,100, $800 under MSRP for HCH II with Navi. There were no dealer fees, and no advertising stickers but the usual Taxes and Tags. I was the first one in Maryland to recieve a HCH II and took delivery on November 8, 2005 with build number 384. I was greatful I got $800 off MSRP when the car first came out. It was almost unheard of.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Bought new 2003 HCH CVT in May, 2002 for $21,010 no Maryland Sales Tax and $2,000 Federal Tax incentive. $19,010 After tax rebate. Civic EX was
$17,028 with tax = $17879.40 no side airbags.

Tony

Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Joe Go Slow!

Just got my '06 HCH w/o Navi (18 miles) for $22150 in Sanford, NC.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands